Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
How are the prospects of shifting from Projects (M&A/Finance/Development) to in-house roles ? I believe because it should not be very difficult given the vastness of the practice area makes you sort of a generalist, with makes you a better fit for in-house roles compared to other candidates who have exclusively worked in M&A, B&F, or Gen Corp. What's your take people !
I kinda agree to what you are saying. I don't know how it will actually play -out in real life.
slightly difficult. being a projects lawyer, you are unlikely to have a grasp of general corporate laws. every in house lawyer needs to understand the basic of companies act, FEMA and SEBI regulations. little in house roles require deep knowledge of PNGRB regs or Electricity Act. you can still consider, but are likely to play second fiddle to the GC, who will be a generalist.
Op here. I slightly disagree with you. I have had the opportunity to deal with Companies act and FEMA while working on Projects M&A and Project Finance. Having said this, i would agree that i have not dealt with SEBI regulations at all.

However, i must point out that projects is not limited to just electricity act, but also deals with EPC agreements, supply agreements, facility agreements etc. what say now ?