Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
Hi

I will be starting my law school journey next year from June and currently have been allotted rgnul in 1st list .

I have 6 months time in my hand and I am 12th passed out so as you all are technically my seniors I would like to know how can I utilise my time in such a manner that will help me in my law school and would keep me ahead of my peers. Or what you would have done in this time frame that you couldn't and regret now and what you did which helped you a lot in your law school journey

Thank you ☺️
Inculcate a habit of reading books. Ideally, I would suggest you to read Legal autobiographies or jurisprudence but for now just read; this should suffice. Also, make a habit of reading business newspapers. If you feel you're not proficient in English grammar, make it a point to improve it before your college starts. Have fun, and all the best!
Who reads these days.Lots of great podcasts to help you get up to speed.
Very honest advice - if you have one or more hobbies, build on them, give them time. If you don't, it's absolutely fine, try and find one, build one whoch you'll enjoy.

Cheers
Get into a habit of reading, start with newspapers, move on to articles on subjects that interest you. Will help a lot in law school. If not from Humanities background, try reading NCERTs of humanities subjects of grade 11 and 12, will help in building a foundation for BA subjects. Focus on expanding your knowledge and having an opinion on things backed by evidence. Most importantly, enjoy a lot as this will probably be the most free and relaxed you will be for the next 5 years.
Practical advice

1. If you can't already, improve your typing speed and learn how to use MS Word properly.

2. Read up and be prepared to learn how to cite.

3. There are plenty of materials online on how to do research and write persuasive papers. It will help you get into the mind space.

4. Try inculcating good habits such as getting decent sleep and exercise.
With regards to the third point, 'Academic Legal Writing' by Euguene Volokh comes to mind.
A 62-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
Why should i call you sir? At best i can call you bhaiya. Or if you're the sam age or younger i can call you bhai

I won't pander to your ego. Who do you think you are??? A mere student who clearly desperately looks for respect which he doesn't get. I talked to a 5th yr student and he said i can call him by his name.
If this is the case don't join rgnul. They have a very heavy Sir/Ma'am culture. It's very wierd and odd for outside eyes tho.
A 4-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 44-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.