Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
It’s on the front page today and two more articles inside. TOI says he pushed for many people (some of whom were accepted) but the name of one person from J&K that he was pushing for was a sore point.

I think it’s concerning because it shows that people from a certain city/college/community will push people from there. Hence, lots of Stephanians, DU CLC people, Delhiites generally and people from certain parts of India, especially North and West. Conversely, negligible NLU alumni presence in High Courts and zero presence in the SC, low representation of people from South/East/NE etc. Plus very few women.

Thoughts??
It's an open-secret. The judiciary will push for reservation and equal representation in all services except when it comes to judiciary
We should have elections for Supreme Court and High Court judges. The district judiciary can continue through selections and examinations. Such service can be made a prerequisite. It is the only way we can rid ourselves of the feudal judiciary while also keeping government influence somewhat limited.
Elections for judicial posts can be problematic. John Oliver even did a piece on this, if I remember correctly.
You scratch my back i will scratch your kids and this will go on and on and on......
A 23-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.