Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
A very good day! Who are you? Where are you from? Where do you work? And how is life working out for you? Also what would be the one advice you would give to the people of the same realm?
A final year student at T-2. Life is fine, career wise too. The only difficulty is loneliness. No relationship, no big friend circle, sometimes it gets too lonely while seeing others with their significant others and realising how I don't have anyone like this.

The only piece of advice to others is to ask for things you want right now, the right time never comes. You need PPO, tell that partner or PA. You want to date that person, tell them. Because the regret that comes by not asking is not worth it, at least you would be content that you tried your best. The worst they can do is say no (Caveat: If you are asking a girl for a date, do it nicely, otherwise, the worst she can do is file an FIR. :))
Final year non nlu student- unplaced. Anxious af and literary just wanna die
28 M , Jharkhand , Stopped litigating (First Gen, 14-16 Hrs Work Day, Stipend 5K) , Life has been cruel and harsh since childhood (many reasons) . I did not know about anythig beyond my regional colleges and IIT and MBBS. I worked along side Bcom and then did L.LB from my local college (3 years). Afer covid I started to litigate under a senior . He used to pay 2000-2500 biweekly depending on how much I used to type. Went to court also in second wave in May and June. That senior used to gaslight , heckle , look down and not respond to message and calls . I used to type ALL DAY (before and after court) because I needed that money. I was facing burn out too. I was facing ADHD , chronic stress and depression al at once. I could not concentrate anywhere for more than few seconds . Later I appeared for one or two Judicial services exam and took break because clearly litigation was not working out (or will work out after 10 years) . There is low entry barrier in district court and high courts. Even though attrition is high but the workforce keeps on increasing and as a consequence demand : supply ratio is not in favour of young litigants.

Stayed 2022 at home preparing and trying to calm myself down . This was the time when I aggressively started using social media and youtube reels / shorts . I came to know aout legally india and corporate law world. I came to know about how gatekeeping is being done by established chambers in litigation . Nevertheless , It had been close to one year sitting at home and trying to calm myself down and I would see influencers and MBAs earning 20LPA easily. I realized I chose the wrong path - but I did not blame myself because I had no guidance from anywhere. I was happy that I was trying my best.

In 2023, I joined another senior . I immediately faced backlash of friends and present & past Juniors of my last senior . I was looked down as 'traitor / damaned goods ' who left his senior and joined another one! This new senior never abused or heckled me but I was aging. I was being paid 5000 by my senior. Work hours were similar 12-14 hours. I worked for 8 months and asked my senior that Sir maybe I should take up small job somewhere in any capacity. I will need some finances now that my parents are aging and will need medical help.

I have been writing on almost every second thread on LI . I have reached out to people on reddit, Sent few many mails to Sr Adv and Juniors of their Chambers. Only 3 people responded. Out of them 2 people stopped responding after 2 mails and other one stopped responding after wishing me good luck.

So, here I am It is 2023 end. I dont know what to do . Where to go , how to go about things. I have parents to look after . Mumbai and Delhi rent is crazy high to be able to litigate or even intern ! I have accepted my fate and I most probably will work somehwere in pvt business here. Dont know really.

But I am not the only one, every year India produces thousands of such law graduates from local law colleges. It is just that I know how bad our situation is because I tried to gain information online. 98% of these local law college graduates are delusional , waiting for that 'someday' went they will argue big bail matters and charge 1L for one bail - they dont even realize what they have missed!
Still not late for an MBA or other postgraduate degree/career shift though, is it?

Nobody deserves to endure what you've been through and hope something truly works out for you, Godspeed.
passed out of local law college, cracked rajasthan judicial service in final year 2022, then in 2023 sat for upsc and now waiting for interview results.
33. Alive. Pursuing PhD. Trying to find a teaching job. Single. Won't marry. Living on pennies. Hopefully 40s will be better. Otherwise waiting for parents to pass away, then will do the same too.
Always wanted to pursue law and social sciences but I come from a place where not even a single person has heard about CLAT/NLUs. I was good in academics and scored over 95% in ICSE. Took science in class 11th. Did not study at all as I was not interested and it's almost impossible to understand scientific concepts online (I am from one of the COVID batches). Started struggling a lot in class 12th as had not studied anything in class 11th and kinda got frustrated with my life.

I started looking at other career options as I had realized that science was not my thing and I am not gonna get a good college through my class 12th marks. Got to know about CLAT and somehow convinced my parents to let me prepare for CLAT (My parents had already spent more than 4-5lakhs on my JEE prep by then). My parents agreed to let me prepare for CLAT and ignore my JEE tuition. I never went to any CLAT tuition and prepared from YouTube and free mocks from Telegram.

Cracked CLAT and made it into a T1 NLU. Although I scored a bit over 80% which was a huge drop from my class 10th performance, I saw my parents the happiest! My journey taught me that it's never too late to try your passion and don't be afraid to try something new. I am also very lucky to get such supportive parents who had allowed me to venture into something that even they did not have complete knowledge about after spending 4-5lakhs on a career option. They had the faith in me!