Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
All the t1 NLUs have signed a number of MoUs with renowned universities abroad. I saw on NLUD's instagram that they'll be sending eight students to the University of Antwerp next year. Acc to their website they also have MoUs with Harvard, Durham and Uni of Melbourne. NALSAR has agreements with Warwick, KCL, SMU, UNSW, Lucerne, etc. NLSIU has partnerships with Bern, Georgetown and NUS. How many of these programmes are currently active? How many students go abroad on exchange programs every year? I'm assuming only the top 5-10 rankers from each batch get these opportunities?

Apart from giving you a good experience and building character and what not, does spending a semester abroad at a good university add brownie points to your CV? I have the opportunity to choose btwn two t1 nlus this year and would like to factor this into my decision. Thanks!
8-10 from NALSAR each semester, depending on the semester itself (2 go to Lucerne, 2 to Israel, 3 to the US, 1 to Germany, 2 to London; every semester).

Used to have MoUs with SMU and Melbourne but both expired and were not renewed
That’s so cool! Are students allowed to go third year onwards or before that also?
Only 4th and 5th years (so essentially your 7th, 8th, or 9th semesters)
all top nlus have mous with lots of foreign unis, the problem is very few or no students avail of these opportunities

nujs for example has student exchange mous with sheffield, kcl, soas, kyoto etc. but in the last 5 years no one went to any of these places
Students have to fund themselves. The cost is lesser than normal international student fees, but still highly substantial.
Because students have realised by now that these exchange sems are just money making scams meant to milk the rich students.
It's very funny how much people talk on LI without knowing anything. I'm at NLUD and I can say with 100% certainty that students do not have to pay tuition fees of the University they are headed to but only their home University, which they already pay. However students have to pay for food, accommodation and travel if they cannot avail of a scholarship like Erasmus
I was at Melbourne for the last 2 years. Didn't see any NLUD kid there though. I don't really think Melbourne people are even aware that this programme exists, because I was part of a discussion involving their exchange programmes and this never even came up for once.
Yeah, from NLUD too, I don't think we have one with Melbourne, although there're quite a few folks pursuing LLMs there.
Probably at NUJS they pay tuition fees since the place doesn’t have full fledged exchange MoUs the way NLUD does.
What does that even mean other than just stupidly bigging up one institution?
GNLU has a decent foreign exchange program. The list is available here: https://gnlu.ac.in/GNLU/International-Relations. Not all of these MoUs are however active.