Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
I would like to start a thread asking honest opinions, suggestions and recommendations from seniors in the legal profession. Be it practising advocates, founders of chambers, law firm partners and associates, academicians and other experts.

I am writing this especially for graduates from 2022 and 2023 batches (but I hope it helps future batches as well). Being a member of this group and finding myself dissatisfied with how I am doing career wise, I have seen my peers also find themselves in vicious circle of career dissatisfaction. While some are still struggling to start with a stable role, many are headed to large urban places for litigation and law firms jobs. Others are continuing with their judiciary exam preparations and many more say that they would go for Masters. On the obvious part, mental stress, working hours, no good pay and feeling of being disconnected to family run through every answer. While my schoolmates in other professions also continue to survive the journey, they sing the similar song (though many not explicitly say it) that the discontent with their current position is something that haunt them.

Dear Seniors, what would be some positive things that you would like to say to cheer us up. How do we shed our impatience, get going with the uncertainties around us, assimilate and acclimatise more fluidly at workplace and become more caring, responsible and composite towards not just our near ones but people of various backgrounds around us.

They say these are challenging times to be on the planet, with so much going on. And you all have sailed through such challenges and have a knack of dealing with it. Please throw us some light, vent liveliness and walk us through your journey.

The floor is all yours!!