Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
What is the AZB equivalent of PA and the salary structure? Also, what are the leave and office timing policies.
AZB does not have a PA band kid. Office starts at 9:30 and ends anywhere between 11-2.
Real ones know that AZB does not have something called PA. You make partner after slogging at SA levels. It takes 4 years to make SA and another 4-8 years to make partner.
Bombay does not follow that suit though, the SA to Partner jump holds true for Bombay but yeah the Delhi offfice has the Counsel demarcation.
So how many years from SA to Counsel and from Counsel to partner, typically? Is Counsel a mandatory step before partnership or just a holding space? Lastly, what's the pay band of counsels?
Counsels are not PA equivalent. They are more like "Partner Designates".
Is the Counsel pay band same as Trilegal or KCO pay bands? Not looking for a specific team bands, just a ball park figure or average across practices will do.
Unless you make equity at AZB, AZB cannot match KCO's or Trilegal's pay at any other band.
SA (1, 2, 3, 4) bands at AZB would range anywhere between 25 - 45 lakhs fixed. All I know is that the junior partners at AZB start with 65 lakhs fixed; with higher bonuses in B&F and M&A teams. Since Mumbai does not have the Counsel bands, I think the pay of a junior partner (around age 32 to 36) would be considered as Counsel equivalents like that of Trilegal and KCO. However, Trilegal Counsels make a lot (I mean a LOT, somewhere between 70 - 85 lakhs, their public announcement claims 1 cr).

Hope that gives you guys a better idea.
The figure for Trilegal Counsels is fixed component or includes bonus?
It includes everything but a fair guess would be that the fixed component would be 70/75 lakhs.
There's no PA or even a SA structure in AZB (Bombay at least). You get to know you have become a SA when you see billing rates charging you as one - which is why AZB never does any SA promotion announcements.

For PA designation - no equivalent since there is a direct partner track once you reach the SA classification. There is a designation of Counsel but that is used for laterals who were PA/Junior Partners in other firms but do not meet the MP's partner requirements so they're hired as counsels and then later on become partners as and when they hit the relevant targets. Don't know what the current salary structure is like.

At least till when I was there, office timings and leave policies depend on the location of the office and partners.