Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
1) You have Laxmi Hotel, Moodee Cafe, Noksh Cafe among other right outside the campus gate.

SDL is like a wedding venue with a pool, most of the alcohol parties are organised there only.

Nearest Market area is Mandore roughly 1Km from the campus gate, you can utilise the campus shuttle bus, Auto or the City Bus to reach there, we have a place called Mandore Garden where you can hang out.

People typically venture into the city to hang out as most of the good cafes and restaurants are there only, roughly 10km from the college. (Old City and Sardarpura)

2) The schedule is hectic, there have been days where I had 10 days of continuous tests and assignments back to back, but it is manageable you will get used to it.

The pattern is roughly like this per law subject:

4 Continuous Assessments along with a CRE (Moot) a project/midterms and a final end-term.

I have noticed changes with the arrival of the new VC, it has roughly been 2-3 months since her arrival, let's give her some time to see the complete results, but one thing is for sure she is much better than Poonam Pradhan Saxena.

3) I would recommend you prefer BBA LLB as BA faculty marks very badly, especially the History faculty, granted the BBA faculty is more strict but the mark disparity is very clear.

As you study BA/BBA till the third year choose wisely as a wrong stream selection will make your life a lot harder.

4) The ASLC has a mentorship program where each fresher receives a mentor from a pool of volunteer 3-5th Year students.

Ragging (As some of my peers like to refer it as Positive Interaction) is quite common and something which the university turns a blind eye to (atleast the Poonam Pradhan Saxena era administration) you can definitely avoid the same just takes a little effort.

But there are some stupid rules created like you cannot walk on the grass, not wear shorts and not hangout in places near the campus etc.(I personally did not follow even a single one, you may choose to follow or not follow the same)