Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
Hello! I have been allotted GNLU in the first allotment list, it would be really helpful if anyone could clear some of my queries!

1) How are the streams allotted here? My preference would be BA>BSW>BBA>BCOM

2) how’s the situation in the girls hostel? Are rooms double sharing or triple sharing?

3) how’s the library there?

4) Being a non-gujarati speaking individual, would it create any hindrance in local life in Gujarat?

And if there is any other tip, things to know, be aware or wary of? Please let me know!

Thank you! Have a nice day ahead!
1) BSW as a stream used to be looked down upon. Not sure how it is anymore. BSW is the easiest stream and BA is arguably the toughest of the lot. Streams are allotted on the basis of your CLAT rank, i.e, if you have a higher rank you are more likely to get the stream of your choice.

2) Girls hostel has a mix of single occs and double occs. As a first year you will most likely get a double occ. All girls hostel rooms have attached washrooms.

3) Library is great. Quite big and will have most of the books that you need. However, you will never get the book you want because somebody else would've already taken it so figure out the online library system ASAP.

4) Not an issue. If you speak Hindi you will be just fine.

No real tips. You have 5 years on the campus so you will learn everything you have to in due course of time. Just try to be as involved as possible in all the activities in your first 2 years so that you can really figure out what you want to do from the third year onwards. There is no dearth of opportunities and most people end up never utilising the resources. Try and befriend some seniors (most of us are more than happy to help you) in order to help you navigate through the first year or so. That's about it. Good luck and look forward to seeing you on campus!
Tbh, choose BCOM/BBA if you intend on placements.

Comparatively, they give you better gradings, which makes it easier for placements, where your grades are crucial. That is why, you see disproportionate number of students from BCOM/BBA getting through for placements.