Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Hello LI Community.

I want to thank the people who have told me about IDIA. I have reached out to them and I am on my way to getting the scholarship.

I have to make the final call. But I have a few queries.

I am 21 as of December 2023. I have already completed a UG degree this year.

I come from a poor family. My father earns 5-6K per month. We live in a remote village in WB.

If I start preparing for CLAT and AILET 2025 and if successful in them, I will be joining a law program at the age of 22 which means I will be graduating at 27 (BO'30). So this is a struggle of 7 years or so.

After law school, I am thinking of getting into Litigation as I don't think I would be able to work in a law firm job as the latter is very hectic. But, the thing is that litigation pays very little which will make it very hard to survive let alone support my family.

I am the eldest son in my family, so I have pressure to earn some income ASAP and support my family. We are a family of 5.

My parents are in their 40s but due to lack of health facilities, they have some mild health problems and I also have some mild health problems.

This is the last opportunity for me to pursue any higher studies.

What do you guys think should I take the scholarship and pursue law OR try something else that will give me some monetary return in very little time (1-2 years) so that I start supporting my family?

Please provide some genuine advice.

Thanks in advance.
Take the scholarship, keep up your studies, maintain your focus and do side gigs to make some money (freelancing, CLAT coaching etc.), finish your course, take a Day Zero firm job, work for a couple of years while saving money and then go off for litigation. It is a career decision taken by many. You may even like litigating for a firm. It is more steady money, though growth scope will be limited until you strike off on your own.

p.s. I am one of those who had commented about IDIA in your earlier post.
Thank you very much. Let's see what I do. Thank you very much sir/ma'am.

I don't yet have the courage tbvh to go with law path.

I will see and update here.
Mods, I have a request, can you please mark it as 'featured' so that I get some quick genuine responses?

I am OP.
Hey mods, I am still not able to make the decision. Can you please help me get some perspectives, please. Just for a few mins mark it as "featured" . Please this is a request.