Read 27 comments as:
Filter By
Hello guys

Clat counseling happened today, i have been allotted TNNLU, i don't think I have a chance in tier 2 nlu, so what should I choose between tier 3 nlu and slsp

Keep in mind that I'm a tamilnadu domicile plus BC candidate
If you can afford it, then SLSP, otherwise TNNLU can also give you similar opportunities provided you maintain your focus and motivation.
Can you tell my untill which nlu should I keep slsp as the first choice?
If you get NLSIU, NALSAR, NUJS (not mentioning NLUD here because only talking about CLAT places, but definitely that too if you have cracked AILET), NLUJ, GNLU, NLIU, HNLU, then opt for those with your eyes closed. NLUO, RMLNLU, NUALS, RGNUL, MNLU (Mumbai) you may leave and join SLSP if you want campus placement; though these places will also offer opportunities, SLSP just has a better alum strength comparatively. Definitely before the other NLUs, you should choose SLSP. That includes DSNLU, CNLU, NUSRL, TNNLU, NLU Sonepat, NLU Tripura, NLU Meghalaya, IILUER Goa, NLU Jabalpur etc.
HNLU offers similar opportunities at a vastly reduced cost, so does not make much sense.
How many more TCs, magic circle firms and how does it get "better" foreign LLM scholarships? Are there statistics on this from the past 5-6 years?
Read reviews about TNNLU and SLSP... The NLU tag always gives you an edge anytime...
Tnnlu is no longer a Tier 3 nlu. It is comparable to Nuals and NLU-O and can be safely chosen over SLS Pune. Tnnlu is also an economically better option compared to Pune where you be paying 3-4 lakhs per annum just for tution fees and another 2-3 lakhs per annum for living costs. Save the differential amount and join tnnlu where you will get more opportunities.
TNNLU is still not in the same league as SLSP in terms of career opportunities and range. Money-wise, it is cheaper, that is true.
Yes. Some students did get placed in Trilegal and SAM in 2023. However, you need to work hard and do well in academics, extra curriculars and also do decent internships.

A key factor is the expense, Slsp is more expensive than TNNLU. So many people who find it difficult to afford slsp have chosen TNNLU. Please make a decision based on your financial situation and location. Factors like food, climate, language etc might seem trivial in the beginning but it may affect your overall college experience. Hope this helps.
Of Course yes... TNNLU alumnus are working at Trilegal, SAM, CAM and sveral other tier 1s.. But TNNLU is one such uni where it gives you ample of opportunities it is upon you to utilize it... one cannot be idle his/her whole law school and expect the uni to get them placed just like NLS/NALSAR

And yes, TNNLU is no more tier 3
Could see a lot of pvt uni people screaming here... But as a person from one of the leading pvt uni, I can tell you that given the larger batch size of my uni and the relatively smaller batch of NLUs (most of them), you can always go to NLUs as it will give you ample of opportunities to excel in.. Here, in my uni, even to participate in a moot I have to be at the top end.. BUT NLUs conduct challengers for competitions.. This is only one example.. I can tell a lot

And remember, I could see a clear diff on how people handles me and a NLU kid during internships (Experience from TT&A)