Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
For students who did not have commerce in their +2, it sometimes becomes very difficult to traverse through the precarious lane of understanding corp law. There are just so many core business technicalities and regulations (whether it be SEBI or Companies Act) being thrown around out as if it’s the easiest thing in the world. Corp law syllabus in law school covers everything in a very preliminary and peripheral manner. It’s so difficult to gauge around articles published on IndiaCorpLaw etc. Am I the only one who’s dumb and is struggling? Please give some suggestions and tips on how to make these subjects more accessible for people from core humanities.
It's a myth that commerce students find it way easier, we are just more comfortable with the terms and have heard them before, doesn't mean we know better. The most daunting thing are the terms which often sound too complicated and alien when in reality its really just hyped up. I would suggest don't beat yourself up for this just start reading up on basic concepts like balance sheet, financial statements, etc and those daunting terminologies from websites like investopedia, you'll start feeling more comfortable
I came from pure science background. Honestly did not face much problem, although that could have been because I used to read Livemint and Fin Express from 1st year onward and look up investopedia etc for terms that I could not get. We also had a faculty who was very helpful for any doubt or query outside classes too.