Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
Do such things matter a lot and do law firms coach you in it? I have met people who were taught in school how to eat roti with knife and fork and they are horrified when they see people use their hands in business dinners. Plus, people who are experts in drinking wine and single malts etc.
matters when you start reaching the Of Counsel/Partner levels; until then you will barely get to go for team outings unless ofcourse there is a closing party or the likes.

How you - talk, carry yourself, dress up, your phone, your watch, your fragrance; everything matters.
Hi SA2 , I am someone from litigation , I want to switch to corporate, nonnlu smol college. is there a chance? how to go about it ?
Yes, in fact it was mentioned on LI that Paridhi Shroff during an interview said that she attended a crash course at a finishing school for girls in Switzerland. All this matters when you interact with really top people, like she does. But you only get there at senior partner level, as the previous comment says.
I'm an A2. I've just bought a Tissot PRX. It has certainly helped as a conversation starter.
Saal ka 1 cr kamane ke liye itna rr. Lalas sitting in their gala making multiple crores a year are far better and happy.
My firms invites these people who are grooming experts-cum-air hostess trainers-cum-makeup artists-cum-fashion consultants-cum wellness therapists-cum tarot card readers. Most are useless, some are obnoxious. e.g. one grooming aunty told a dark-skinned girl that she needed to "brighten" her face (using skin bleach).
We have to make them Desi, How will that happen with time, it is time to throw away western etiquette and replaces it with Indian etiquette
I feel that Paridhi Shroff’s decision to attend finishing school in Switzerland doesn’t make sense. They will not teach you how to eat parathas and dal properly there, or how to pair wine with Indian food. They will focus only on Western food. That’s especially irrelevant if one is vegetarian (I’m guessing the Shroffs and Adanis are). They will also teach you certain manners that are not relevant to India, such as kissing on the cheek or curtsying before dignitaries.

So I feel it’s better to have attend finishing school in India.
It matters a lot in general. Plus it’s not really hard to learn it on google. I am at an associate level and I make sure to follow table manners and plate etiquettes even when out for a team lunch. It adds a little something.

You can still skip the fanciness of the alcohols since you can say that you don’t drink (unless you do drink and want to in that case again just go with the safest choices in the menu).

Always carry a perfume, a comb, a lipstick (if you’re a woman), mints/gum on you. You never know when you might need it