Read 27 comments as:
Filter By
Hii, I'm 20 & currently interning with "Tricolour" and last night, I received an invite to celebrate Christmas with the team by the SA (so, I thought) but after a while, I realised that it was actually a Christmas date. 🥶

I have never been on a real date & this is actually the first time a guy has ever asked me for a date in the cutest way possible. I couldn't say no but now I'm not sure how to proceed next. What if things go wrong? I might ruin my chances of getting a PPO. (2024 batch)
If this is true and the SA is reading this. Please read ahead regardless of the encouragement you will receive from the guys. Coming from a girl who did this and regretted.

1. An SA at a tier 1 is usually 27- 28 yrs old. You are fucking 20. They are at a different space in relationships and dating. You are in for disappointment once you get attached because you will react different to the relationship as opposed to a 28 yr old man. You will 100% regret this for life. Please reconsider this. Your post clearly shows that you haven't has as much experience in this space and don't jump into this. Women his age have clearly rejected him for special reasons and that's why he is preying on younger girls, (or he already has a relationship/ marriage). Not worth it girl.

2. The SA is a senior position and has power over your professional trajectory with the firm. This power will almost always be used against you, and if you feel otherwise or want to withdraw later, this will badly reflect. You will have to submit to uncomfortable things for the sake of a mere Assessment. Not worth it. The market for the 2024 batch is already bad, do not ruin your chances like this.

To the guy,

Hitting on an intern as a 28 yr old man is predatory. Don't ruin her life.
You couldn't say no? So you dont like the idea of dating an elderly man but just went ahead with it? Write a mail to him girl, tell him to prey on women his age.

P.S. To save your internship, mail him that you wouldn't be able to make it etc., and hint you have a BF.
Can someone explain to me how it is possible for a 16 year old to join school?
It is possible. I am in 2024 with a batchmate who is 2002 born. Assuming bday in Dec end, person can be 20.
A 20 year old graduating in April 2024.... i have never seen a 20 year old lawyer
Kids please realise that you can be traced very very easily if you provide these many variables in your post.

This thread is already going around on WhatsApp groups and if the information is true it will not be long before it reaches the dramatis personae.

The kid is b/o 24 and unplaced, @mod pls redact some details from the og post, for the sake of their job.

Lastly, what sort of a fucked up person you need to be to ask an intern out when there is such a crazy power differential.
Why are you people making such a big deal of an 8 year age gap and the fact that the girl is 20? There are SO many amazing celeb couples where the girl was 20 and the guy was 28 and they got married.
Most of those marriages didnt end well for the woman. We speak from experience.
Bro are you just dumb? These are not celebs. One is an intern (read temporary free labour) and the other an SA ( a mentor, power in recruitment, senior position)

The power differential is wrong.

Further, both are in different stages in life and she is in for a huge trauma episode if she pursues this.
I mean it's an obvious way of not outwardly revealing the name of the firm while making it obvious to those who put even a few seconds of thought behind it. There is only one firm which starts with 'tri'
Actually there is nothing unethical in dating an SA or even a PA. Men usually date younger women. Younger women date older me for thier resources, confidence and maturity. So essentially age is not the problem. Have seen even a 34 year old PA dating a fresher associate who is hardly 23.

As long as you are both 18+ there is nothing immoral or illegal. Even if you date a partner who's your dad's age.

Unfortunately, men with money age like fine wine. And are preferred by women. But not the opposite.

Problem is you are both in same team. And when you are in the same team. It's unethical to be in a relationship. If you mess up your relationship you could loose careee prospects at the team. If you get a job, you will still be slut shamed for selling your body for a job. Even for him there are risks.

So make sure you intern in a different team. And you could still date him for the long term.
Or not date him and intern with the same team? Do you know it is hard to get your internship shifted? Why should she inconvenience herself and career for the dating. Girl back off
I am boy, I had 3 relationships, every girl I was in a relationship with was 2 years older than me
Dont do this girl, its not worth it for your romantic and career life.
Not a good idea at all!!!!

He is SA you are a final-year student. The problems you face in life at this stage are minuscule to him as he must have forgotten how he might have faced the same problems at the same stage.

For example - How would you, as a final year law student, look at an Xth standard student going through tremendous pressure and stress for his Xth Boards? It is now nothing for and you wish you had not stressed so much back in that time. You would just tell him that it is nothing and not to stress about it, which is not at all aligned with the priorities that kid has in his life at the moment and will create incongruities between you.

Likewise, it is never ideal to be in a relationship or date someone who is years ahead of you in the same field, they won't look at your life the same way you look at it, resulting in a lack of consideration, differences, and whatnot.

Did not have to give so much logic to make you understand as the mere fact that you posted this here shows that there is something fundamentally wrong about this that doesn't sit right with you as well. Plus nobody can look into the future and answer your questions with certainty, that, only time will tell.

All the best!