Read 53 comments as:
Filter By
I have kept my preferences in this order. There will be vacant rounds as well. Kindly help me choose out a better option among these twoโ€ฆplease

I want yโ€™all to drop opinions based upon placements, foreign exposure and litigation. Mods please mark this thread featured, so as to gain attention. I really need urgent help
GNLU. If you have gotten a rank of north nujs and NLIu, then gnlu is equally plausible na?
Why would anyone want to choose GNLU over these places? There's like zero advantage other than a bigger campus.
Better foreign placements and more foreign scholarships. Placing more than minimum 120-130 students in a year at tier-1 law firm is not easy
GNLU does not provide any advantage over NUJS in terms of foreign placement or foreign scholarship. What are you smoking? One Rhodes scholar in the ongoing year changes the overall prospects of a whole university?
What does that even mean? Exposure is non-existent and GNLU students taking risks? NUJS has had more international scholarship winners than GNLU by any standard. Why don't you actually mention some real fact to support your argument other than rhetoric?
Canโ€™t help if you donโ€™t know how campus placements in unis workโ€ฆ
Don't go to GNLU.

Look at the batch size.

There are many GNLU fan boys here but that's coz they have such a huge batch size.

Now coming to your question.

Fees at NUJS is at the higher side plus campus is also really small.

NLIU's fee is lower and campus is bigger, but campus size shouldn't be an issue at all.

If you're middle class I'm presuming you want placement, NUJS gives you slight advantage over NLIU.
NUJS and NLIU both have stagnated. But if I had an option, I would still choose NUJS over NLIU. However, being resident of Bhopal I can tell the place is not expensive compared to metro cities' high cost. 5 years is a lot of time, and you are definitely gonna spend a lot apart from your course fee at the Uni. So yeah, compare the fee of both these institutions. If there is significant difference then you can consider Bhopal. But if not, hands down NUJS. Also, there will be better crowd in Kolkata for people from South.
This is so true. A couple of Rhodes using the marginalised minority card and a few foreign placements after 20 years of existence and the GNLU trolls think they're competing for a top 3 alongside the likes of NLUD and NALSAR. I don't like the Noojie trolls here but be realistic, NUJS still has greater credibility and academic pedigree than GNLU. They've declined due to poor administration rather than the students being mediocre. GNLU folks should stay humble but sadly, they're spending all their time on LI giving even Noojie troll army a run for their money. Get a life, kids.
Sire, one apologise for the inferiority, hope thee art not troubled this said entity
The unbiased and objective position still remains this: If you're getting any from NLS, NALSAR or NLUD, you may leave NUJS for those. If you are really hoping for a good T1 firm job more easily, then you may choose NUJS even over NLUD, though the latter has got many other advantages over NUJS at present including bigger campus, location, better admin, greater funding, better research culture, better litigation and UPSC prospects because of location etc. None of the other NLUs will offer you any advantage over NUJS, including NLUJ, NLIU or GNLU, though you may take up those without losing much in the process in terms of opportunities.
NLUJ and GNLU are at par with nujs in fact the later having more diverse alumni than nujs. Also NLIu did well in this yearโ€™s placements and got more offers than nujs
Please demonstrate what you mean by diverse alumni. There is no legal career that has got more GNLU alum than NUJS alum at present. Nor did NLIU did better than NUJS in placements either in this year or any other since 2006. Stop misleading people.
I can give you examples of each and every year with proof. Yet you will not stop using the word โ€˜misleadingโ€™. NLIU had years where nujs couldnโ€™t even place a single fool in magic circle. Go play clash of clans now and get inflated grades from your contacts faculty.
Please give such examples instead of your tiresome hyperbole. When is the last time NLIU has even released an official placement report?
NLIU. Better fee structure plus they have been very recently improving their placements. If you talk to their current students or go though several LI threads, you may notice that NLIU dramatically improved its placements this year to everyoneโ€™s surprise. And moreover, in general- placements donโ€™t really differentiate NLIU and NUJS. Itโ€™s the culture and NLIU has a better set of students as they have less domicle students. Go there
NLIU has got less domicile students? This settles it, you are high. NLIU is the first NLU to have domicile quota for the last 2 decades and if you think MP domicile students are in general more intelligent than Bongs, then despite not being a Bong myself, I find that hilarious.
Look at your stupidest logic lol. Just because NLIu was the first one to initiate the domicile quota, that means NLIu has more domicile students? This gives to show that your college is really going t9 ashes. Also I am a bong and I am at nalsar, I know for a fact that my culture is quite strong. That doesnโ€™t make NLIu any worse than your salty student body. In fact NLIu also has a couple of bongs, one of whom I know personally.
NLIU has 50% domicile horizontally. Out of some 130 seats, literally just 25-30 are for open competition. NUJS is way better in that sense, and Iโ€™m not even from NUJS.
Factual comments are now being marked trollish. The Mods are really on rampage these days.
NLIU, better in litigation and the teaching staff is friendly too. They did amazing in this yearโ€™s placements.
NUJS has got way better faculty than NLIU at least till now (and always in the past).
Always in the past? You mean the past where nujs couldnโ€™t even bag a decent Supreme Court internship under a top advocate?
Lol, there is literally no top SC advocate under whom NUJS students have not interned. Such jealousy and lies.
I would seriously suggest taking NLIU. Even though people say itโ€™s stagnant, that entire period is ending as placements have improved and the student community has taken note of its previous downfall.

Apart from great placements, you do get some decent faculty and a great party culture. People even get fucking single rooms by the 3rd year.

Lastly, the alumni base is absolutely amazing with several recruiting partners in almost all T1 firms.
Prof Ghayur Alam, Rajiv Khare, Monica Raje, Debashree, Divya Salim, Mahendra Soni, Manish Yadav etc
I happen to know at least 3 of these people and attended their lectures. If you consider them as good faculty, then with respect, you will be pleasantly surprised if you get to attend the classes of many of the NUJS faculty, who are much better. Moreover, the people you mentioned don't have a good publication record at all. NLIU campus is much better and bigger than NUJS though, and I don't really think there is any difference in quality between the students, TBH. Your library can use some modernization in terms of databases.
I would honestly suggest this top 10 ranking:

1. NLSIU

Joint # 2. NALSAR or NLUD

4. JGLS (if you can afford it)

5. GNLU

Joint # 6. NUJS or NLUJ

8. NLIU

Joint #9. RMLNLU or RGNUL
There is no education/career parameter in which GNLU is ahead of NUJS or NLUJ at this stage (other than the campus and that advantage has always been there and did not really matter much over the years). Only LI hype.
By the LI hype, there are rabid Noojies who just keep on inflating their placement figures. Stop preaching nonsense.
NUJS releases their placement figures, unlike other NLUs who keep lying about theirs and not opening it to public scrutiny. You are jealous of NUJS' placement success, that's very obvious. Too bad.
Why don't you cite placement figures of your NLU and prove how NUJS figures are inflated?
If your rank is enough for nujs then it must be enough for NLUJ also? Take Jodhpur, nujs has the worst campus + nluj is better than nliu
Maximum number of students from Chennai study in Jindal. They leave every other NLU. So if you don't get NLS or NALSAR, prefer Jindal Global Law School.

As you are middle class, aim 99 percentile LSAT score and study with 75% tuition fee scholarship in all 5 years. You have two chances in January and May LSAT exam.
NLS/NALSAR/NLUD (NLS used to be way ahead, but now, considering its batch size and fees, it won't be my first preference).

NUJS (Has the best placement record amongst other NLUs).

GNLU

NLUJ (Used to be ahead of GNLU, but their placements have been abysmal for the Batch of 24 and also, they now have a domicile quota).

NLIU

Jindal

HNLU/NLUO (NLUO has a slightly better placement record).

Symbiosis Pune

This is the ranking order and do not tamper with it. NUJS is still one of the best institutions in the country. In every parameter, it's far ahead of NLIU: better placement record, more Rhodes Scholars (NLIU has none), better faculty, and most importantly, better student quality. Yes, NLIU has a better campus, but what are you going to do with that? You're there to study, get a job, and hone your skills. Choose NUJS, and I am from neither of these institutions, hence no bias. NLIU technically is below GNLU and NLUJ now; their reputation is already tarnished with the amount of scandals that have happened there, including fake degrees though it's still a T1 NLU and surprisingly, batch of 24 managed to do well in NLIU as most of them got placed.

GNLU has a better placement record, more number of Rhodes Scholars, a better campus, and way more chill admins, which gives you a lot of time to do your things. NUJS is still way ahead of GNLU. In terms of everything, they are ahead, so be wise, choose NUJS and do not temper with the preferences.
A 24-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 91-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.