Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
Did anyone get a call from IIM A. I gave CAT 2023 and it went terrible. Not at all for non-engineers.
Haan toh prep karna padta haina lol. Non-engineers need to really work on their quant.
You only need to work on quants. VARC and DILR won't demand more than 2 or 3 months of preperation. Non- engineers ko to ulta faayda milta hai interviews me just cause wo apne saath diversity laate hai. Sirf ek hurdle hai and that's quant. You can't expect CAT to be a cakewalk na.
A close friend and batchmate got 99.96 percentile. It's in fact easier to get into being a non-engineer as they prefer diverse backgrounds.
Which IIMs did he get calls from? Also, do you have any idea about his 10th, 12th and undergraduate grades?
LMAO are you deluded? Check the selection and admission criteria before commenting, please.
Can you get anything worthy at 90 percentile with 70% in 10th, 80% in 12th and 67% in BALLB?
You may get into T3 IIMs if you do well in their subsequent rounds.
But non-STEM girls have a bright chance as the IIMs are desperate to improve their gender ratio.
Good, meritocracy for the win. Gender should never be a factor, if you are competent, you deserve the spot. There are plenty of examples of successful women in finance such as Cathy Wood.
hey lets be honest, competence isn't only the be end of all in finance. The bro culture and misogyny is very much there.
There is 1 guy from NALSAR and 1 from NLu VIZAG they have scored very well in CAT for sure they wwill get a call from IIMA. The calls are not out tillnow
I was an MBA aspirant. I gave CAT 22 and got 68 percentile. I am a non-engineer.

What I have realized by doing extensive research on the B-schools are these few things -

An Ideal Profile for the Top 20 B-schools of the country across all rankings are -

10th - 80%+

12th - 80%+

UG - 80%+ (Preferably in a NON-ENGG course and if it's from an elite institute then it's a major advantage)

Work experience - 2 years from a good reputed company

Gender - Female gets diversity points of around 5 percent weight.

Co & Extra Curricular - You need to have some extraordinary achievements here which your leadership and managerial acumen

Also, there should not be a gap of more than 2 years.

Lastly, an MBA is not worth it if you don't do it from the TOP 20 institutes as these institutes only have the capability of placing you in a job that pays around what you invest in 2 years which is upwards of 25 lacs at least in the CTC term.

I realized that given my profile and the aptitude I have, I wouldn't land in a Top 20 B-school anytime soon so I left the MBA space altogether.