Read 42 comments as:
Filter By
Recently, received a call from a recruiter regarding vacancy at all levels at SAM Banking Mumbai team. How is the work culture? Expectations? Pay difference from market?
As someone who has spent 3+ years in the team, I would say the work culture is very good. Everyone is really nice to work with rare to very occasional all-nighters required at any level. However, only issue why I left was that the team does not have any marquee clients or matters and has very little transactional work. So from a growth perspective, this 'top heavy' has little to offer.
Is it ok to ask for 3 months of marriage leave?

Is it ok to leave for health reasons?
Join Khaitan Banking instead because people are leaving and we are always short staffed. Chance to build a good rapport with partners like Alva and stay for long haul!
People sitting above Alva are the red flags man, those who know they know.
KSS is the reason behind numerous exits, the people still sticking under his umbrella are there only 4 the money.
Hi LI

Unfair to delete all the relevant comments at the request of partners

Kind Regards

Stakeholder
It's the best team. You may apply by ignoring this thread. Hope to see you on the other side. Cheers
I was a paralegal and did not get the offer despite promised conversion. They only hire very very selectively and appreciate any free labour that comes their way.
Dear Bread n Butter - the position of an associate is not a matter of right, you have to earn it. Conversion is based on performance.
Why are you implying that I did not perform? I worked on a couple of DDs and gave it my all. My humble submission is that I did all and more than what associates usually do and is expected of them.

Will try my luck somewhere else! Moye Moye
What is expected of them is not something that you can determine by yourself.
The comments of it being top heavy is very true. The attrition level here is just crazy - due to better opportunities. It’s a big team concerned with their work, with no loyalty whatsoever because there is hardly any rapport built.

Caution: some people may seem unhinged and it had become a pretty normal sight for the team. One of them is given special treatment only because of her/his connections with the partner.
A 2-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 29-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
Can you give an estimate for SA1 - difference between A3 and SA1 level?
How is that fair? Shdnt both parties be aware of all factors before interviews.
I agree there are teams that are horrible, but this isn't one. It's actually not as intensive and toxic as other BnFs and pays very very well because well SAM. Also the partner is very approachable and fair in feedback. Please don't speak shit.
So here's the thing: (most) partners are nice relative to the savages out there. They talk respectfully and respect boundaries- no unnecessary late nights, no weekend calls. There is an understanding that people have lives outside of office.They certainly make efforts to ensure that people aren't over burdened This partly due to the fact that they aren't able to get marquee clients/ matters also.

But make no mistake and don't be fooled by this niceness, they are as selfish as any other partner. The only difference is that they pretend to care for you, while the other partners don't even pretend. Which one is better or worse is a personal choice.

As far as remuneration is concerned, there is zero transparency, they pay great bonuses to some and crap to others. Your total payout will be good only if you hit 150% bonus, otherwise your salary is certainly below tier 1 average (and sadly, SAM average). But that is so much on partner discretion, as an associate you're practically helpless. If you're the obedient suck up types, you'll probably do well. If you have a voice of your own, they will punish you for it. They punish competence and courage, they reward obedience and cowardness.

Moreover, the team is top heavy and beyond a point they don't want people to grow and expect you to leave. The team is in fact thriving off people quitting. It's in their best interest that you quit once you reach a certain level and they will do things to push you over the edge.

Now you can make an informed decision.
With the bonus policy change at SAM, receiving anything more than a 100% is a distant dream.
Oh please, we pay good bonuses to high performers. The reason why you would get a bad bonus is your non - performance.
A 13-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.