Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
Not really. The people are mostly sheep, be it the Modi supporters or Mamata supporters. Both of them are canny enough politicians to come up with false mountain of narratives out of true molehill of incidents.
Partly yes, in that, people get misled too quickly and has a tendency of sticking to the current govt no matter what happens. CPM ruled for 34years, TMC is probably gonna stay here for at least 30years.
The people of Bengal were in favour of Mamata with respect to Singur. So your issue seems to be with the people of Bengal rather than the present government.
So in other words, you will only come back to your state when the going is good, but won't stay back to fight in your own way to help improve things or inspire others to do so. Got it.
Ably assisted by those who instead of giving back to their home state and trying to improve things, run away at the first opportunity.
It is true that government school education has been dealt a huge blow by the TMC government especially. Gujarat and some of the other states are also suffering. Delhi and Kerala are some of the best places for schools now.
Education does not exist in Kolkata anymore. It's just politics. Leaving the state for my graduation was the best decision of my life. I love the city, and I miss home but the sad reality is that the current govt has destroyed education.
As someone who has been a student of this college, the sheer political domination TMC has over this college and the Calcutta University in general is revolting and sickening.