Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
Hi I am someone who graduated in 2019 and been practising here and there in district court in my T3 town.

I really want to expand my practice area and want to practise in the best courts and Tribunals where intricate and beautiful questions of law are interpreted and argued from both sides. I feel very restricted here in my native place and suffocated. I want to learn and practise in diverse areas of law and argue.

This thirst for knowledge is also making it tough for me to be here.

However , like many I don't come from an established family of lawyers having no clue where and how to go about things. As far as Delhi , Mumbai, Chennai & Hyderabad is concerned - it is brimming with best talents with best resources and network. I am not sure if I can make it.There is a possibility that I will have to come back even if I shift to a better city wasting time and money.

Pls kindly guide me. Where to go ? How to go ? My goal is to work on diverse areas of law (Civil , criminal , commercial , corporate , tax ) and to appear in best forums amongst the best brains of the country.

My goals are :-
1) to work in diverse areas of law and in depth
2) in best forums
Pls help me by telling a way , a path and if this is feasible or a fantasy ! Pls tell me pay at sr adv chamber !
How , I ask ? Rent > No family and contacts there . Not much payment by Senior Advs
Toh tu kya chah ra hai bhai hum apne jeb se paise de dein kya ? .. tere pe paisa nhi hai toh litigation mat kro, u won't make it.

For litigation u need a solid financial backing so that even if u don't earn any money for next 5 years tab bhi guzaara ho jaaye bina dikkat k.

This may sound rude to you but this is truth.
what I was looking for is work opportunities in chambers who pay decent for survival in initial years.
1. Improve your network within your T3 city lawyer community.

2. Save and invest your current earnings.

3. Move to your state capital and work with one of the designated senior counsel's chambers.

4. Get your T3 lawyer network to send you their writ petitions, appeals etc.
Your initial post says you want to do civil, criminal, commercial, etc.

One can lead a horse to water...
Yes, variety. Civil Criminal Corporate Tax Commercial. I have tried my hand here. Criminal litigation at District level is based on turning witnesses hostile and civil litigation is a Joke as Trials get dragged for 10 years.

What I am focusing is on variety of litigation in higher courts so I just have to research , read and argue and get out of mess of dirty trial court lethargy and work.