Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
SAM, virtual internship w the banking team.

Barely got work. There were days without any work.

Anybody else w the same issue or did I mess up?
Hey kid. Don't worry – this is how mostly virtual internships with SAM work. You will get little to no work. You will have to constantly message/email the associates for work until you get it.
they have 10-15 interns per team in the virtual mode which is why it is difficult to keep everyone busy with deliverables. Its a shitshow to be very honest, best of luck though!
On top of what others have written, it’s December! There’s less work in general.
Not for banking. I interned in that team last December when the markets were down and was drowned in work. I have come to detest banking from then
Anyways only someone stupid with no commercial clue would intern with a B&F/ECM team during the November/December months. The real meaty work happens only between Jan-March and Sep-Nov.
Came through the partner after meticulously pestering for months. Didn’t have much of a choice dude.

Non Nlu you see.
My college senior is an A2 now. I have a decent CV and a lil from her helped my case.

Alumni to the rescue. XD
I do not know whether your circumstances would permit you to do so, however I always suggest doing offline internships. Online internships do not allow you to connect with the people you're working with, and hence converting such internships to jobs are very hard.
Hey

SAM and CAM and even Trilegal to an extent have a policy of differentiating contact based interns from the RCC interns.

1. 2 weeks instead of 4

2. No presentations for assessment

3. No active work assignment from seniors

4. Not much HR coordination and no filling of feedback forms.
Agreed. Also, as someone mentioned before, it also depends on the month you're interning in. I interned virtually in March and got a hell lot of work assigned to me.
Doesn't matter

I also got a lot of work but they refused to extend due to logistical issues or something