Read 48 comments as:
Filter By
Things are really looking up for GNLU, thanks to government support. No other NLU has a metro station right in front, right? The station is even called GNLU and seems to have been set up just for GNLU.
NLUD has one within a couple of km, NLSIU has one within 3 km that's a 5-minute auto ride away. NUJS also is going to have one, sometime in 2024. Construction is going on. As for the station's name, I doubt that counts for anything, but I think that's something only GNLU will have.
NLUD has the metro right behind the college. By far, the best located NLU in the country.
I thought the actual path requires you to either take a circuitous walk or take an auto? Has that changed now? And no, location and connectivity-wise, NUJS is still better, because it is located right in the middle of the city. However, in terms of size and amenities, NLUD campus is way better though. I have visited both, though I am not from either, so it's an impartial opinion.
if you can walk to the theka/cigarette shop, you can walk to the metro station also πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ₯²
Lol. I am from Kolkata currently in Delhi. Connectivity in Kolkata means shit that city is crap. Delhi is on another level. And, NLUD is extremely well connected.
Even the under Construction Patna metro is gonna have an entire station named CNLU which is being constructed barely 100 meters from the main gate of the University
I bet GNLU metro station can't beat Dwarka Sec 14 metro station, a premier NLU is 400 m away, daru ka theka 200 m away, Vegas Mall is 500 m away.
Looks like NLUs provide the shittiest education in town. How illiterate does one have to be to measure the worth of a university on its proximity to the metro station.
Clearly you haven’t studied there. You’re not smart enough to get in.
Why are NLUD fans more insecure of GNLU. I see them swarming and discrediting when they see something good of GNLU.
The NLUD fans are insecure of every NLU. You can see them fighting on every thread. Feels like they don't really have anything in college, and hence, they keep hovering here.
Fun fact as someone currently at GNLU: The metro station right in front of the campus gate is named PDPU, which is another college a few hundred metres down the road. That's just how relevant GNLU is. Whoever's making all these illogical PR threads needs a real job.
Yes, and the Gnlu station is 500m upfront, considerably bigger, and projected to bridge Gift City and Ahmedabad
Same for HNLU. The BRTS Station for HNLU is 2 kms from the uni. The one in front of it is called HNLU Gate.
Thats not true. The metro station is named gnlu, u can literally check the metro plan expansion map and you will find it. Only the name of the road is PDPU road and that is because GNLU had its campus at another place before it is where it is today.
Rml is the best connected nlu hands down...its in the middle of the city..we have mall in 200 mts....metro at 500 and airport within 2 kms
NUJS is also very well connected. Is in the middle of the city, has shopping malls in the vicinity. Metro station is just about 1.5 kms away. Connected with the entire city through different bus routes as well. Airport 25 mins away, railway staton 20 minutes away.
LOl. 1.5 km is certainly not walking distance! And def not at night! So it doesn't count as a metro station in front of the college.
At night so long as the metro operates, Kolkata is the safest city among all the metros. And there's a closer station being built. The university is located right off the state highway, one cannot have a metro route right in front, though the distance between the busstop and the hostel is less than most NLUs have between their hostels and academic block (plus points of a smaller campus in the middle of the city). Having the metro right in front of the building is actually worse in terms of the long term infra damage owing to vibration as well as recurring noise.
A 5-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A metro station that is 500 m /3 km away doesn't't really count. Delhi is so unsafe that you need the station right in front, like bang opposite. So GNLU's metro station is still tops.
The metro near NUJS will be a 10 min walk or so. The station is actually for the football stadium.
Delhi may be unsafe but NLUD is still miles better than GNLU. And just like people don’t ditch IIT Delhi to join IIT Gandhinagar because β€œDelhi is unsafe”, no one ditches NLUD to spend five years in the middle of nowhere in a dry state like Gujarat.
As someone neither from GNLU nor NLUD but having taught occasionally at both the places, I would rank the student quality at NLUD higher for sure.
Finally an opinion to shut up all the Ganloo trolls who suddenly think they’re on par with NLUD. Although this is hardly surprising. NLUD’s student quality has always been better than GNLU, NLIU and NLUJ.
A 17-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
A 4-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.