Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
It has been very good for me.

Sane and non-toxic work environment.

Good salary and benefits, as well as bonuses.

30 days leave which we are encouraged to take.

Sure I might not be earning as much as the top earners in a desi law firm, but I get home at a good hour and get to spend time with wife and kids. I avoided mid career burn out by moving here.

Also quality of life is great. There is less to no crime, there is no shortage of things to do.
If you don't mind answering, how did you end up there? Did you get hired straight out of college or did you move after working in India for a while?
Went there after completing a training contract in the UK.

Done a masters subsequently.

Without good contacts, I don't think it is possible to get there straight out of college, but there are plenty of folks here who moved laterally directly from India.
pls tell the firm's name bro. what practice areas are open to Indians in Middle East. I know that Dubai has a good arbitration and maritime law culture....other than these. Thanks.
Al tamimi, angel and afridi are some good Dubai based firms. Practice areas are mainly- projects, project finance and construction arbitration. Data protection, fintech and IPR are catching up.
I'm an A0 considering shifting to Dubai to work in IPR/Media Entertainment. What are the possible avenues for me in terms of in-house/ litigation ( if at all)?