Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, l have been reading a lot of comments and threads by non-NLU graduates in smaller cities. That gave me courage to write out this thread. I am in same situation. Litigated for a while in Udaipur. Tired and exhausted. No pay. non existent financial growth is eating me up from inside.

I want to climb corporate ladder, what should I do and how do I go about it ? I have 1.5 PQE in Litigation.

Will I just shift to mumbai and drop my resumes in Small Corporate Law Firms near Bombay HC ? How much will they pay ? Is this plan practical ?

I am full of doubt. Pls enlighten
You didnt drop your resumes yet? Wow so much determination you have. Bhai tujhse zyada toh 2nd yr law school ke bache apne half page CV ko Tier 1 firm ke partners ko bhejte hai aur follow up karte hai woh bhi unpaid internship ke like.

Im not asking you to harass partners. But before singing a rant story thinking this is indian idol, just send your resumes to HRs and partners of those small firms and tier 2/3 firms in disputes. Ask your litigator senior for a reference. Call HRs, heckle. You have no idea how many CVs even a small shop receives every day aur tu "drop karu ya na" sochta reh.
By 'drop' i meant :-

Shifting to Mumbai from my native -> finding a space on rent -> going to small firms and physically handing over my resume .

In other words, spending a lot of money in this exercise and wasting close to 3-6 months.

by 'dropping' i did not mean sending a mail which HRs and partners continue to ignore
Even those who live in Mumbai don't go physically to drop a cv. Use mail, instead of shifting to Mumbai and going place to place to drop your cv instead hustle in udaipur to find some references, mentor, past mentors, any friend, who will get your cv seen in a firm. Shift after you get a job. Won't throw money in water by shifting and paying high rent even before you have the job.

Sab kuch online ho jata hai. Even interviews.
This is bad advise and must be marked trollish. Calling an EP without a confirmation could be fatal to the whole process. This guy was lucky to get a kind and interested partner, most are shifty and couldn't care less about this. Remember there is a long waiting line behind you. Don't fk up.
Bro what are u saying, just mail yar physically drop kon karta hai. Also what's the need to swear on a public forum based on just one comment? Please control your language or be ready for a punch.
There would'nt have been any swearing if the person who replied to the comment had been a little more polite and empathetic with his/her reply. The reply sounded more like as if he/she is trying to tell the O.P. that they are incompetent / dumb / lazy. That is the last thing a person already in the dumps needs to hear. Encourage if you can, else, do not comment.
bro stop it, you have received adequate advice above, nobody is here to refer you and spoon feed you a job.