Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
With Khaitan raising their pay scales, will Indus revise its pay bands? How does Indus plan to attract and retain lawyers, particularly for their capital markets team, if their salaries aren't competitive? While they offer a comparable fixed pay to some Tier-1 firms, their bonus component is significantly lower. There's a shift in the culture of their capital markets practice as well and is becoming like other tier-1 law firms. There were many recent departures and sabbaticals, with more team members considering a move elsewhere.
From what I have heard, cap marks at Indus doesn't take laterals. Anyone joining them as lateral must have worked previously with the team. As someone mentioned, "we have built a culture, we want to protect it."
Their whole partnership is a lateral from another firm, what are you saying.
But that exact team has remained same. There are very few laterals in the team.
there are SAM and KCO laterals kid. Don't bark if you don't know stuff.
Khaitan raising pay scales? When did that news come? We haven't heard anything of that sort internally in the firm
It hasn't been publicly declared yet but a decision has been taken. The fresher's pay is going up to somewhere between 18-20LPA.
their M&A transactions are non existent, maybe GC is active alongside TMT, ELB and Capmarks. I don't think they can afford to hike salaries since it will affect bands across levels & across teams.
Soon most of the juniors in CM team will be out. Trilegal is poaching very hard. At A3 level, the difference in salary between Trilegal star performer and IndusLaw star performer is around 12 lakhs. That’s a significant difference.
not everyone wants to go to Trilegal though. As someone who works at Induslaw, Mumbai in its ECM team, it feels dicey to see how a firm like Trilegal is simply making offers without many mandates to justify such bands. They are setting themselves for suicide across practices. You really think Richa pulls in more work than Manan? Maybe CAM & KCO have solid teams which are worth considering at this point, but definitely not Trilegal as far as ECM is concerned.
This is an insane take lol. Trilegal is well stocked to last this M&A winter. Who do you think is going to get all the resurgent deals once they've poached every damn partner in the market?
Kid, thats not how it works, what are you saying. Deals go to rainmakers, not run of the mill RPs. They have not poached such people, only people given the push by others. Also the Associate above is talking about the ECM team at trilegal.
Hey, I just interned last month with your team, given you are legit. As this is an anonymous platform, can you give me true indicators on the status of callbacks internally. I worked by fking ass out every day, not pushing anything, but just dont wanna get fucked by internal firm policies and have high expectations. Anyone wiling to give unfiltered opinion, is most welcome. I will apply elsewhere should you or any others respond in the negative, I dont wanna lose out on anything.

Hoping for a legit response,

Regards.
Yes. This news will be out very soon. It will be almost same as Trilegal.
I really think these are replies by random 1st/ 2nd years who think these firms actually care enough to pay them well when they work for them.
But if you could tell what is the current package of an A0 at Indus?