Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
All, I am aware that Avirup is an amazing boss and has recently moved to Saraf and Partners.

I understand that he has been looking for associates and I am keen to apply to him. However, there are has tons of negative feedback about the firm (including on LI) and clearly the firm isn’t doing well.

What should I do in this situation? Ignore the feedback about the firm, and just go for Avirup OR just perhaps apply to someone who isn’t that great but is in a steady firm?

I understand that Avirup has moved with the entire team. Clearly he commands strong loyalty that people moved with him without giving two hoots about S&P’s performance.

My other options are Trilegal, Khaitan, CAM and Indus.

Eagerly look forward to receiving some guidance.
Ignore the noise about Saraf, most of the posts originate from a certain PR office sitting out of Barakhamba Road
What level are you? If you want to do pure projects - concessions etc, then go to Tri/KCO and CAM. If a mix of project and corp, Avirup is a good option. Indus - Arun is a great guy, but not sure of the big ticket M&A in projects that you may get there.
They would obviously give good feedback bro. Check with not so AN Club people.. Also if you can share the response here, that will be super. :)
Apply to him, he is a good mentor. For projects, if you work with him for a while Trilegal / KCO etc will lap you up if Saraf does not work out for you
Bro undoubtedly go to him, irrespective of the firm. He is known to back his team. Though personally not interacted with him, but he's team is very lean and comprises of great knowledgeable people. Happen to work with them and trust me, it was a great learning experience. These guys are pretty trained.