Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
Please explain my dumbass how do I actually network and build some connections in order to secure my career. It'd be helpful if there's a how to guide for litigation and corporate networking.
Its hard. Trust me. No alumni base. Unmotivated students who will say "Aiyein?" When u discuss something. Will make u want to drown in your own tears
Imagine how hard law-firms and chambers have hit non-NLUites - not to mention transactional business minded matrimonial market , inflation and ageing parents.

Cries in specific relief
Email partners of the law firms you wish to work in/chamber seniors. If nothing, call them and ask for a meeting
And be blacklisted by the HR. Great advice. There's something called professional boundaries. Cold mail without follow ups is fine, not calling and then demanding an interview.
Got an internship with 3 legal after a lot of repeated follow ups with emails and calls to the partner
Cuz he was born in the Gandhi family. I made it to a top NLU cuz I worked hard for it! A student from a top NLU would have used a better analogy than thisπŸ₯²
1 year of hardwok vs a lifetime of discrimination, u not spitting the facts here.
That's how the world works right? 1-2year of hard work and you get into IITB, the same gets you to a govt medical school. The same (maybe a few years more) makes you an IAS. You should try working hard for a year or two. That may actually turn things around!
Look up all the law firm parterns from tier 1, forget partners, SAs, A1,A2, all are from Nlus. They also spednd a good 5-10 in this profession but others dont get anyeere.