Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
I am from a tier-one NLU, average rank but plenty of top-tier internships. However, I don't have any significant moot achievements. Is it fine not to have so or shall I bother mooting? It is something which really doesn't interest me at all.
I am fine with working on publications. Already have a couple of articles on IndiaCorpLaw, do I need more? My rank is sort-of average as I didn't take online semesters very seriously.
In my year and the year after me, mooting had little to no influence on Day 0 prospects. Internships and academics rule, always.
How many tier-one internships are necessary? Currently have Indus, JSA, KCO and SAM.
Unless it’s jessup, Henry durant, Red Cross, price media or Nelson Mandela human rights, no one gives a damn.
I once told HR I won Jessup. She still rejected me and went with the guy with Rank 1 (I am Rank 3).

What matters is only marks, absolutely nothing else.
They don't care about CGPA, they care about the ranks. They will hire you if you are ranked 1 with a 4.5/7 CGPA.
Thats why Ranks are seen and not marks. Ranks arrange a set of people on similar standards of the particular university, So it's like NALSAR top 10, NUJS top 10. Thats how firms shortlist. Not seeing the GPA.
Yes, but that assumes that the universities maintain a basic academic standard. No longer true, especially in case of the likes of NUJS. The interns from there that my firm and others get these days are so bad that we don't know where to hide them!
Bhaiya kyuki law firm HRs central Universities se bba karke ate hai. Waha extra curriculars nahi hota.
It should be there on yout CV. International and National Prestigious moots give a little bit benefit. Having moots doesn't change a lot. Not having moots does play against you. Participation doesn't matter, you need to win.
only if you win something, participation does not count

class rank is still the queen

a winning moot will be a rook