Read 96 comments as:
Filter By
recruiters don't work with freshers, I know its tough when the college doesn't help, mine didn't either. You'll still find a way. Start with a smaller firm and then lateral in 2 years if you want.
They are very rude, ngl.

Yellow Wire is not good too, had very bad experience with them. They made an offer to me for x location then started pressuring me to move to y location [which is close to 1500km across the country]. I refused and then they started giving me backhanded threats (we handle HR for a lot of firms, we conduct background checks bla bla).

โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ just make you feel useless and kill your confidence
Don't go for legal league if you get approached by them for an opportunity. Very unprofessional recruiters.
Same bro i was approached by them for a defence colony firm that firm was also shit to be honest. The recruiters had themselves shifted my interview date and at last said "ana hai toh aoo warna kat lo"( though they literally didn't say this but the connotation of conversion was similar to this)
Enroute Law is actually very good. They are a team of lawyers, so itโ€™s easier to make them understand what exactly you are looking for. They are also very well informed about the law firm market and definitely more ethical about the whole process. Went to them after getting their reference from a couple of peers who had a very good experience with them. In the interview process right now, hoping the shift will materialise soon.
My has had a very bad experience with them where her CV was shared with every firm without her consent.
Not true at all!!Learn to form sentences in English first before writing false stories about others.Bhargava sisters are the best Recruiters.
Does the ability to form sentences in English come along with a license to write false stories about others?
No.But please get the message and stop spreading lies about Bhargava sisters!!They are the Best Recruiters.
My experience with them is not so good. I understand TMPL Consultants have placed hundreds of candidates in last 2 years and have good reputation in Tier 1 and Tier 2 Law firms
I will highly recommend Crewt consulting. I once randomly messaged Anagh asking about how to switch from company to law firm and he helped me alot. Not even once did he ever sounded irritated or polite. Literally he told me different practise area since I was not aware of the same. Banda genuine hai, sote2 bhi baat kar leta hai yaar. Mai toh apni nind kisi k liye na kharab karu.
Absolutely agree. What a genuine guy. If I ever need to move, he is the first one that comes to my mind. Hopefully he gets inhouse mandates too.
I guess this is SPNlegal. You are lucky to have not joined this firm. God saved you my child.
Firms and candidates both should not take their services. For candidates, they mostly have hiring mandates for toxic teams so it becomes pointless because youโ€™re going to leave the team in 6 months anyway. Therefore, just reach to people in good teams or write tailored emails yo partners - that is how I got a new job in tier 1!

For firms, why canโ€™t you have your HR reach out to potential candidates? AZB HR approached me for a role, it ultimately didnโ€™t work out post interview but much better prospect than having to go through a recruiter. Build those capabilities in-house and save costs.
OP here, I moved from a Tier 3. Had multiple interviews with Tier 1s through a combination of these approaches.
It has been Avimukta for me. Helped me switch from a T3 to T1, and then to another T1 at a senior role. Has also been able to get interviews scheduled with other law firms.
Sub-thread

What is commission of recruiter ? How does this system work ?
They get one month salary as commission if their candidate is successful
Does the candidate have to pay or the firm? Who pays the commission ?
Avoid ADEPT.

I had a bad experience with them. Once they get your CV, they stop responding to your texts as their job in the process is done which is to collect and forward CVs.
Yeah totally agree. Mujhko itne sapne dikhaye fir ghost kar diya. Mai toh man mein associate se partner tak ka safar tai kar chuka tha.
I too had bad experiebce. I shared my CV for a particular firm but they circulated my CV to many firms who did not even have a vacancy and I was not interetsed in some of them
As someone who been a partner in a Tier-1 and a GC with a venture backed co, I've been on both sides of the table. My 2 cents:

Avimukta and Vahura are decent for law firm roles. Although it's a hit or miss with both of them. Depends more on the recruiter than the firm tbh. Neha (Avimukta) and Lee, Suren (Vahura) are some great folks to speak to from a Mumbai hiring perspective.

Michael Page - global brand, professional folks but yet to find a footing in the legal industry. Great folks but don't have the best law firm roles. They have some great in-house legal roles, as does Vahura.

Adept, Yellow Wire - absolutely horrendous, arrogant, avoid at all costs. CVs get sent to firms without candidate's consent.

Legal League was decent back in the day when Bithika was more hands on - the current set of people are just not up to the mark professionally.

A lot has already been said about the TMPL folks although I haven't interacted with them personally.
Legal League team literally threaten to black list for rejecting a firms offer cz I came to know of some very nasty things about the partner and team. โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ.
One specific person from Michael Page is known for letting the bosses know if the CV of anyone from their team lands up with him or he comes to know about someone leaving. Sheer unprofessionalism.
Legal league people thinks themselves as some hot shot suit lawyers but in reality they are the people who failed at law and went on to pursue HR which a normal BA can do.
TMPL Consultants which is run by Bhargava sisters are the Best Recruiters.Most of the candidates are placed by them and they are Top Legal Recruiters.

Other Recruiters are ghosting the candidates and dont even respond to them.

Bhargava sisters are available for their candidates on the weekends as well. They are very helpful and are always there to guide and support their candidates.
My experience with TMPL consultant is similar. I did not qualify in interview but had excellent support from them
Priya Mahesh Suvarna helped me with the process for a Bombay T-1 firm when I was considering lateraling from another Bombay T-1 firm as an A0. She was polite and helpful.
Avoid Zeal Kamdar from Options Group. Has no idea of the position and horrendous in communicating. Does not bother responding to calls or texts.
A 19-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
they're rude and very unhelpful. Would recommend Roshni from enroute law, she actually helped me a LOT, very understanding and genuinely did her best.
One of the โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ shared my CV for a 1 yr PQE role whereas I am looking for a SA role. She has now blocked my CV for 6 months from a Tier -1 Firm.
Bhargava sisters are the best Recruiters.They are very helpful and responsive.
Bhargava sisters encourage candidates to have point of contact in order to streamline the process and avoid any confusion since they work with the same clients.
A 59-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 31-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 55-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 66-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 61-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
My experience with them has been good and I know lot of people placed by them in Tier1 firms...don't think there is any truth in this comment.Stop spreading lies.
Have some sense , only a stupid consultant who is trying to get you a job will inform your boss that you are looking out.
A 55-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.