Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
How is Nirma University for law with regard to teaching, exposure, student quality, placement, college life, cost? Any information would be valuable,thanks!
For many, leaving Earth is a better alternative than studying at Nirma.
As a former student who is in touch with juniors as well, I will give you a direct answer first followed by my reasons.

No!

1) Most teachers are inexperienced and donโ€™t even teach the most basic parts of the subjects they teach. A lot of good teachers have left recently. Now the teachers who are teaching there are people who are pursuing PHDs from GNLU. Theyโ€™ll leave soon if theyโ€™re good.

2) Placements are a nightmare. The placement cell is lazy and didnโ€™t even approach any law firms for placements for the last two years. The placement record is absolutely awful. This year only 4/240 students are going to tier-1 law firms and they also got it via a PPO.

3) The college is not at all supportive in terms of co-curricular, extra-curricular and attendance. The rule is 85% and they are pretty rigid about it at times. Hence, students canโ€™t pursue side internships as well because classes go on till 4PM from 9AM in the morning.

4) Life in Ahmedabad is difficult because a lot of firms in Ahmedabad are at max capacity and donโ€™t easily take interns or give offers to people. Plus itโ€™s not a city like Mumbai or Delhi or Bangalore where opportunities are endless.

5) The infrastructure is a hoax. The law building is a very small part of the overall university campus. Not enough classes so students are seated in seminar halls, reading rooms, etc.

So the crux is that academics are bad, zero support, and most importantly placements are at an all time low with the highest campus placement being that of 10 LPA (CTC).

The one thing that Nirma teaches a law student is to manage everything on their own. This is why you see Nirma recently performing fairly well in Moots, Debates, ADR and Publications. Very few of the batch of 300-320 (Yes new batches are of this size now) are doing good now.
Which is better according to you, Nirma or Bennett as a back up college? Nirma is old and established but the average placement records are lower than Bennettโ€™s which has a comparatively new Legal course.
Nirma hi lele bhai. Despite all the above, itโ€™s still better than Bennett.
Don't go to Nirma. It's a scam. Someone had given me this advice before I was about to take admission here. I still regret not listening to them. It doesn't matter from which private college you are. To excel easily you have to either be from an NLU or you should have GREAT CONTACTS. Private colleges does not matter. And even if you are considering private colleges, maybe try NMIMS Indore. Those people are doing at least as good as students from other reputed private law colleges. Trust me man, if you are not from Ahmedabad, living there is gonna be hell!!!!
Could you please elaborate as to why Nirma isnt a good college ? It would be helpful to us all and other aspirants, thank you