Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
I'm a girl intern, and I believe I am facing sexual harassment at my law firm. How exactly to report this? Already in bad terms with the HR over other unrelated incidents.
Please feel free to call out the uni girl and the PA on linkedin and LI if there's no other recourse. Ofcourse only after you want to.
The uni girl maintains a very good reputation from outside but in reality she is rotten to the core. On the other hand, many know how the PA is, but he never faced any consequences for his actions. He's surrounded by enablers.
Write to the external posh chair. Every organisation is required to have one.

Also, try approaching a senior person in the HR.
You can also approach a senior from college who works there or a female partner - they can usually be supportive.
I did, but they aren't willing to accompany me while reporting the matter to "higher authorities"
The recruitment committee has a policy of blacklisting students who quit internships secured via them. I cannot risk this : (
In mine's, we don't have such mechanisms. We aren't allowed to quit internships unless it is over severe health issues amounting to hospitalization.
If it is a T1 firm it will have an ICC. Find its details and mail to the members. Put it in writing as without it nothing can be done.
I've spoken to some of my friends about it but can't risk informing my family. They would be extremely concerned, and they aren't in a position to help me out when they're living miles away.
If you want to avoid the ICC route (which has severe problems) complain to the Bar Council. The disciplinary proceedings are confidential and sexual harassment is misconduct.
usually sexual harassers have more than one target, try to find someone else who was harassed by this person, then if the other person also agrees, together you approach uni ICC, and the firm HR. In these complaints, more than one voice make it impossible to ignore.
A 12-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
A 27-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.