Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
How is Rajshekhar Rao's chamber as a workplace? At the outset, seems like a very genuine person.

Anybody who has worked there has any idea/insights? Also how can one approach him to get in his chamber?
Pretentious

Only nepo kids can break in

Pay is good, but again chambers of nepo guys
Agreed there are few nepos, but mostly everyone in his chamber is first gen
Bhai Elite circle ke bache hai sab

First gen does not mean unconnected
Good pedigree matters in this profession. Show it through your marks + the university you graduated from or your surname. Have both? You’re golden.

Harsh as this sounds, this is more pronounced in RR’s chamber, and I’ll tell you why. Of the names mentioned above, RR has the widest range/ potential talent pool to choose from. Thus, even the elites that join him, more often than not, come with solid credentials. And I say this with responsibility. Look at Karan Lahiri (a name on this list - https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/299408-seniors-in-1-lakh-range#comment-299496). He was RR’s chamber junior once upon a time.

So, stop wasting your time on LI, bitching about nepo kids, and get your act together.

Dare I say, networking at a Karkadooma or Rohini Court Canteen is time better spent.

Know where you are from. Accept what you've got. Put your head down and focus on the work - irrespective of whether your litigation career, however long / short, gives you a run-of-the-mill bail/divorce, etc, or a high-profile EPC Contract claim/ IP infraction, etc.

Focus on your Karma and bringing food to YOUR table.
Honestly, most of RRs juniors are solid and they are very hardworking. I have worked with a couple of them and they are absolutely great to work with.
Spot on. I know for a fact that a nepo kid joined his chamber that way.
Raj is not elitist at all. On the contrary, he is a very humble man. He is a great guy!
Best guy - have interacted with almost all his juniors till Dec., 2023 - pays very well. Too busy and does many matters so not sure whether can give you time to mentor or whether a fresher will feel at home. Nice, humble, polite - no toxic senior stories.

Self-made, is first gen himself.

Lol re depo kids - like I said briefed him and had one of them assisting him on most of my matters - this junior/nepo kid was brilliant with his research and sent compilations at 3/4am.

Don't think you can fault RR for hiring - his choice who he takes but I am sure all of them are hard workers.
If you can get the internship, you will realise that he is a very humble and hardworking lawyer. An internship is something that matters only if you make it work in your favor, be it at the higher chambers or lower.

That said, the work is immense and you will usually find yourself in the backoffice doing research like you would do at any other internship.
Just wanted to point something out β€”- yes, there are nepo kids in his chamber but they are there elsewhere too. Don’t single him out. Also remember that these kids have studied in elite big city schools and their parents have too. At least partly for that reason, they have a strong command of the English language, which is very important. Many nepo kids also have LLB degree from NLUs or at least Jindal (rather than Amity or GLC or Llloyd) and many have LLMs from abroad. So, objectively speaking, these are reasons why an employer would prefer such a candidate over someone from a small-town school with only an BALLB β€”- unless that person is from a top NLU, has very good grades and has a good command of English. Textbook case in point is the girl from GNLU who ranked 7 in UPSC. She said that she grew up in a remote village and went to a Hindi-medium school till class 5 which had bad infrastructure, but despite that she is so brilliant and obviously writes excellent English essays. Anyway, true talent always succeeds in the long run.
A 32-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 41-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 27-word comment posted 5 days ago was not published.