Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
In its heydays, it used to be a great firm. My friends who have interned there earlier, have had an excellent experience. Great people, committed to their work but also committed to having a life = the best learning space. I went with this impression to intern (and trust me, this internship was not easy to get; required a lot of persistence). But realised that there is no difference between TT&A and any other toxic tier I firm. People are no longer great, work quality is poor and on top of that, the environment is terrible.
It's downfall for sure for TT&A. No interaction with people to angry associates, it's extremely distasteful for anybody applying on opinion they have from Legallyindia. Go to any lala firm atleast you will have reputed name on the cv
It sure is a downgrade. A senior of mine interned way back in 2018 and got an offer immediately. I interned in 2021 virtually and yet there was never any communication from the HR to me. My batchmates who were in good books of other seniors from the office got the offer even while it was an online internship. It's the most bizarre selection procedure on the planet which is shown to look like transparent while it is sheer whims and fancy of the partner and how much you know them. Merit for sure takes a backseat.

Ps- I was an online only intern so experiences might vary for the in office interns. Glad I didn't join this place and actually happy with my AZB for now.
AZB is a mile better in my opinion. If you are in B&F/M&A, your learning curve is bound to develop as compared to your peers in other tier 1 law firms.
Lies. TT&A is the best law firm in India. No one can hold a candle up to the legal acumen of Kunal Thakore and Feroz Dubash.
Leave already n don't waste Decembeu.........Better offices in Lower Parel. ...... Here partner referrals end up getting absorbed
OP of the thread. Another important point to consider is a paralegal or trainee associate in final year is way beneficial than wasting one month with fuckwits such as TTandA. Got a long term internship and very sure I will be a job at end of this.

Other then chit chats with Feroz dubash who was witty and funny this was a task to cross these 4 weeks.
Hey that's not market practice. Firms are known to abstain from making permanent offers to long term interns and hire from tier 1 NLUs where they would've interned for a month. Do not take up a paralegalship
So whats the hierarchy ?

Intern

Paralegal

Trainee associate ?

Do all firms have position of paralegal and trainee associate ?
I have been with the firm for few years now. Here's my take (please feel free to ignore if you think I am BD/HR)

1) TT&A is very very selective when it comes to hiring which is natural considering the fact that it is a 50-55 lawyers firm (talking about the Mumbai office). They don't have a lot of vacancies because of relatively lower attrition.

2) Internships are not that difficult to secure. You can apply 5-6 months in advance and if you have a decent CV, you will make it. However, college does matter. (It shouldn't but it does!)

3) As far as work during internships is concerned, it depends. Sometimes, the interns are overworked whereas at times there's no work at all.

4) My personal experience of working with the firm has been great. Hours are way better, pay is equivalent and the people are great. However, the banking team is overworked and has longer hours.

All in all it is a great firm if you want to focus on other things in life and NOT take a hit on your pay.