Read 68 comments as:
Filter By
CAM marketing strategies by the HR are so ridiculous. Even a Partners mediocre rant book?
Fully agree! I thought it was all hype until I read it over the last weekend and what a sensational work! What an absolute gem of a book. Hands down, one of the best voices in English fiction out of India. I sincerely hope Shishr writes more.
Yeah, right - the HR thought: the best way to market the firm would be ask a top partner to write a book. Makes sense.
I miss the time when LI trolls would do some research, write with the occasional wit, and at least tried to hide their pettiness.
β€˜Suits’ is pretty entertaining as a webseries. It’s your fault that you took the drama seriously.

All in all this book is a good read. Will love to read it again!
Hahaha... finally someone wrote about this...it's a pretty fun read...finished it in 3 hours...but don't take it seriously...
Just checked it out and it looks like fun! Hehe the title itself is quite catchy.
The same author has penned one of the best books on Takeover Code available and is a very respected name in law firm circle. Shishir Vayttaden.
I was a big fan of the first one - to me, that is how treatises should be written. And I am not disappointed by this one either. This is how legal fiction ought to be written.
Yes, it's so refreshing in how it moves away from the conventional courtroom dramas that one associates with legal fiction and instead mingles legal sleuthing with satire to inform and entertain in equal measure!
Shishir is super prolific! He had also written a book on the erstwhile takeover code when he was just an SA.
Apparently, he wrote it while commuting in Delhi metro from his home in Dwarka to the Luthra office at Barakhambha.
It’s insane that guy’s work ethic. He’s doing all this while running a blue chip corporate practice. Inspiring stuff
Go Shishir! Hum boring corporate lawyers ki life ko kya glamorize kiya hai...thank you! hehe

On a more serious note, it's a page-turner of a book!
Ya!! And his prose is beautiful. Why would a man who writes so well stay in corporate law!?!
True Well said.And manipulations rather than legal knowledge is what gives lawyers,especially Disputes lawyers,a really bad name.Manipulations in corp deals are somewhat lesser than the level of manipulations and lies in Court mayers.
Just finished it! What a well written book. Absolute must read for lawyers. Obviously, the drama is not real but the legal point in every single story is accurate. So much to learn about lawyering as an art. Chef's kiss!
It’s a hilarious book and it’s beautifully written. It obviously takes liberties with the truth of what corporate lawyers really do but only to make it a compelling read.
After you join, you would wish that corporate life was more like the book and not what it actually is - tedious, hard, and repetitive, work.
Yeah I’ve read it. It’s a lovely book. Respect for Shishir
Ya it was number one on the Amazon hot new releases for a bit. I’ve heard great things about it and I’m planning to read it over the Diwali holidays
As someone who has been privy to a few of the informal emails written by Shishir, I can vouch for this writing style to be entirely his own.
Hilarious! I am so tired of courtroom dramas so glad to see that different β€˜legal’ fiction out there. Hope he writes more. So hard to get humour right.
His book is an absolute riot. I loved it. Trust Shishir to hit it out of the park each time he does something. I hope he writes more. He never updated his book on the takeover code and I just hope he doesn't lose interest in this like he did with that.
I found the English simple enough. Different books (in any language) appeal to readers with different levels of proficiency in the language.
Bhai vakeelo k liye book likhi hai..koi bhi random banda nhi uthake pdega. Level badao apko bhi samjh ajygi.
How I WISH lawyers wrote like this. Just because you are struggling with it does not mean others will. I found the short story format so easy to read. Can not wait for the next one!
Shishir is a kick ass lawyer..and his book kicks ass!

Way to go buddy.
Yeah. It's Kill the Lawyers by Shishir Vayttaden. I think he's a CAM partner. Halfway through the book and I love it. Haven't read anything this well-written by an Indian author.
A 5-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
A 37-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.