Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
Any idea what a path towards consulting looks like with a T1 NLU but without the MBA. Dont want to get stuck at SCAM
They hired from NLS when I was there.

The people who got in were all rounders who usually had good positions of leadership.

People who got in usually planned in advance to make it work.
Long back. BCG or McKinsey haven't hired from campus for a long time now.
definitely bro, who wants law students who don't know stats and business operations
Bullshit. Working for McKinsey gives you access to their massive network.

It is a feeder to get into top universities (especially for MBAs) or join most big organizations you want.

You don't need an MBA to learn the ropes. You just need to be smart.
Yes they are promoted to senior analysts but that's the most, an associateship requires an MBA
Generally, yes. But there have been cases where exceptional performers (including some from NLS) were promoted to Associate and even Engagement Manager sans MBA.
Wrong. They don't recruit freshers from there anymore either. They do recruit laterals including several NLU alumni.
They started recruiting from NALSAR last year, and have been doing so since.
BCG has been hiring from the 5 year course, please stop talking without knowing
How many NALSAR students were recruited off campus by McKinsey last year?
A productive thread at long last. Mods, please feature OP to increase engagement. Need as much meaningful discussion as possible.
I want to buy a watch and people to notice me. I want attention because I am insecure
I understand what you feel, but I'd advise working on yourself instead. Make a better version of you in as many aspects as you can, and you will find yourself less and less insecure and less and less interested in what people think.
They need analytical skills in numbers. Mostly, those from fiance backgrounds like CAs, MBAs or CFAs have them. If you want to join do one of these in parallel with your LL.B. Else just be prepared to work with words and arguments.
BCG hired a person directly last year from nalsar as a front-end associate and has hired two more people this year. they don't have direct recruitment from any other law school as of now. Mckinsey and Bain do not hire directly from law schools