Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
Chances of you exiting with a PhD in 5 years from NLSIU are minuscule these days.
I would say NLS far supersedes over all. Followed by NLUD, NALSAR & NUJS. Haven't seen anyone get into Jindal unless they've got a foreign llm which doesn't mean much.
It is just that there are more high quality faculty at world renowned institutions. My basic point is that anyone who thinks the PhD is just a time when you write more is doing it wrong. By the time you are finished, it should change how you think.
Once again, hollow claim. NLUD PhD isn't any better than NUJS or Jindal PhD. In fact, Jindal has got some amazing faculty under whom a PhD would be a much better experience.
Does NALSAR really have better faculty? I doubt with the VC in place
I guess there’s a general understanding that between NLS, NLUD and NALSAR, there’s not much to choose between them and it depends on personal preference. But don’t make a fool of yourself by bringing NUJS and now JGLS into this debate. NLUD towers over both.
Depending on whichever area you wish to do your work in, you can identify from the website the teachers working in that area, and email them asking about their availability. Daniel, Yogesh are a couple of good people for guides.
Why? Which university in India do you think is then worth it ? I can't go abroad and I need a PhD for promotion.
Do you even get to select the guide ? Also how do I know who's a good guide when I've never been part of NLUD nor do I have any connections/sources there.
Better than every other law school’s PhD barring NLS (better faculty) and to a much lesser degree, NALSAR.
Are the forms still available? Should I fill it ? Is it worth it since the fees for filling the form is 3500 rupees. Is PhD from Nlu D worth it if I can't go abroad and just need a PhD for my teaching promotion.