Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Please provide me a starting point for the said niche. In terms of resources, websites, books etc in a way where I don't need to rely upon external courses to gain knowledge. Come from a govt college from Kerela and really interested in funds basis 3-4 articles I've read, please help ma'am's and sirs from the industry.
SEBI Regulations + FEMA + IFSC Regulations is your go to. There’s nothing else to refer to honestly.
hi,

I know it sounds really interesting but let me break the reality of law firm practice in it to you. You will be relegated to 1. Boring editing of long documents, 2. Comparing docs, 3. Checking again, 4. Filling details in the docs.

The "really interesting part you read in articles" is enjoyed by the fund managers, the bankers, and of course the LPs.
True but not true,

While associates do exactly as you described, partners do get a small piece of the "really interesting part" i.e structuring, advising, negotiations etc.

The comparison makes very little sense because juniors at the other offices (fund managers, bankers etc) don't get to do the exiting job as well. Ig people in funds are there for the longer game. It is highly unconventional at the global level compared, and tbh I'd do it anyday over gc or mna in India.

At the same time I agree with you, kids need to be absolutely sure about what they want and understand the role lawyers play and our scope of work. It is very limited during the starting years.
Only thing to know is copy and paste features in Word. Control H is also very useful for fast work.