Read 59 comments as:
Filter By
40 ka aata hai santra, 20 ki aati hai pepsi. Mai ye nahi keh raha ki aapki problem solve ho jaayegi, lekin perspective mil jaayega.
I have no idea why this is so popular. Sure that house of the dragon actor said it, but Campari tastes awful.
Don't order, carry your own Tharra with you. You will look more classy!!
Your attitude, ability to converse, carry a conversation, make a point, knowledge of the law and current events are some of the qualities that will make you stand out. NOT what you drink. Oh and class shaming??? So not cool.
Fresh juice with no added sugar, syrups, or salt. Someone drinking healthy and taking care of themselves is always classy.
Agree with the wine comment, and gin is a very safe bet. If you can't stand whiskey, gin is always a good choice.
It's acceptable to order juice on the excuse that you are driving, or that you are on a diet. I saw a big client of my firm (a hotshot banker) do so. But then remember to address other materialistic factors, like expensive watch and shoes (this same client had a Rolex watch).
What do Cyril Shroff. Zia Mody etc drink? Does anyone know? What’s their favourite? Maybe that can be a good guide to ordering classy things?
Excellent post! Thanks for the advice. Moderator, please star it!

Just 1 question though: why do say Blue Label should not be ordered?
Johnny Walker Blue Label is flashy and mainly bought to show off. It's also often among the most expensive whiskies on the menu. If you order it, you will either come across as someone who doesn't know any other whiskies, or like a freeloader.
As much as I hate this thread, this comment actually does explain it very well if you're really interested in the question.
Maybe this person should be asked to write a couple of paras on how to make it to becoming equity partner. Sab funda nikal jaayega
this one goes in my list of LI comments that I read twice and want to share.
People DO care. I know many clients in Delhi who are impressed by designer brands like LV.
There is a big difference between (a) appearing sophisticated, and (b) not appearing unsophisticated. I suggest you learn the difference before you graduate.
And you don't put 1:3 whisky to water. At best, you put a few drops of water to open the bouquet. Not 90ml of water in 30ml of whisky. Maybe 5ml of water in 30ml of whisky.

What rubbish! Atleast don't misguide children!
Bro Code toh 2nd year law students waala beer hai bhai. Us bhai us moment.
what a dumb question, you can't even have a drink of your choice without thinking of impressing others? This is just too off! Cold coffee piyo beta.