Read 62 comments as:
Filter By
Really? I don't see NLSIU lobby doing anything substantial for the past 7-8 years.
Nlsiu literally won the Jessup in 2013. The 2013/14 winners were mostly from that team and were fully deserving of it. They literally went to the best law school in the country won the biggest moot competition in the world. Yet, we cry about bias....
If you can't understand what's wrong in it, then you need to get some lessons in ethics.
A 35-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
i'm from NLS and I don't think anyone has even been shortlisted. The batch of '24 and '25 are quite unexceptional in that regard.
I'm just here for the comments if NLSIU fails to get it again this year...lol

🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿
Note that NLSIU is not bragging. They want to quietly be the victor, without making noise.
A 31-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
The very point (as explained by a Black Rhodes scholar once) is that it takes from the bequest of Cecil Rhodes and redistributes it to students - South Africa has many more seats for Rhodes than other larger countries for a reason
A nalsar topper is gonna get it this year. I am sure. Well maybe not 100% but she is amazing. This year belongs to nalsar
do you know the difference between a normative statement and a descriptive one? Which one is " we need to do x not y?" is it normative or descriptive?
A 8-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
The scholarship is a big achievement because of the prospects and competition involved. In whose name it is doesn't matter. If you offer such a scholarship every year, we will celebrate that one too. Please do.
Okay. Why don't you check how the last 10-20 years of Rhodes scholars are helping the underserved communities? For example, Raj Kumar?
A 57-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
How come no news of other NLU kids being shortlisted? Gujarat lobby?
A 106-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
GNLU rocks, Gujarat rocks, Modi rocks! Mark my works: GNLU will be a top 3 NLU by 2030.
A GNLu thing? What’s a GNLU thing? So give us deets. Who else were shortlisted from tier-1?
A 8-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
could you please mail at theshopeasy@gmail.com the names of the 6 who had applied and the 2 who got the shortlist? Would be very grateful, Thanks!
I doubt it. Having been at a tier-1, no one considers a shortlist as a big deal, even though it’s an achievement to get one. It’s like going till the UPSC interview but not getting a rank in the final list. This seems to be a GNLU thing.
The only right wing nlu to conquer India. Gujarat colleges in iit or medicine (except Kasturba) rely on gnlu a lot. Go GNLU
But other tier-1s didn’t make the cut I guess. Else they would definitely have started texting here or hijacked this thread
Congrats to GNLU, I guess, but why not post about it once one of your students actually receives it? I don’t see folks from other tier-1s post a shortlist message. Reeks a bit of insecurity and a need for validation.
Charles Conn didn’t ever single out nlsiu. What’s up with your misinformation man?
That's good, but the final round remains and NLSIU retains the advantages of the alumni lobby and blessings from Infosys. Let's wait till the final round.
It’s something like of a GNLU fanboy club where they worship their previous Rhodes scholars
OMG GNLU put up a strong performance!

Seems like the Hatim Hussain effect is back. Kudos!

What about the other four scholars? Are they from any tier-1 NLU?
The title. GNLU has put up a strong performance as 2/6 students who had applied for the scholarship have qualified for the all-important next round. Thoughts?