Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, the placement from college is not looking hopeful. Please suggest some game plan / strategies that one can adopt to secure a job in corporate (firms or companies) before graduating
I would honestly advise preparing for GMAT. An MBA will give you a broader set of options and also more respect in the corporate world. Here is a link ranking the top 50 B-schools in India, which I think is quite a good compilation.

https://www.iquanta.in/blog/top-b-schools-in-india/

If you are a general category candidate, the competition will be tough, but you can still hope to get into at least 1 of these 50 colleges. If you fail to, then you can think about niche management courses in fashion or hotel management colleges, or even an MBA at Jindal (you will at least have a shot at working for Jindal Steel).

If you want to start working immediately and stick to law, you can always join a lawyer's chamber. Another option is a politician-cum-lawyer. You can make good contacts. Depending on your ideology, you can work with BJP, Congress or AAP lawyers
My MBA friends who are established (15+ years work ex) in the corporate world tell me their law counterparts earn much more. And I don't think it is a good idea to waste one's professional law degree to become just another MBA unless from a top 10 business school.
An average MBA makes more than an average lawyer.

A top lawyer makes more than an average MBA

A top MBA makes FAR more than a top lawyer

MBB pay 1cr to someone with 4-5 years work ex, with several more promotions to come. Challenging hours similar to T1 but less toxicity, more professional management and most weekends are yours.

Added bonus of unlimited exit options. As a lawyer you'll top out your career at 35 and then do the same shit for the rest of you life.
Yes, insights on longer plans of trying to secure a job at lesser known firm and then switching to inhouse r tier-1 or 2 firms.