Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
Recently, before the DayZ, ITC hired for in-house role from NUJS'24 batch. They took three candidates with excellent records, one with exceptional rank and gpa, the other with international moots in plate, and third one with top-class lit internships and exceptional writing experience. The point being, all of them would have secured a placement on DayZ. Despite that they chose to go ahead with ITC, can someone please explain if an in-house role is worth it, moreover when you have a choice. Is it easy to shift from in-house to law firm? I understand that ITC offered something around 24 Lakhs LPA, but then again we should consider the high increment in law firms.
Hi, I believe I can answer this since I have worked in litigation, companies and law firms. In my opinion, in house role provides you gradual progress in work along with better work life balance whereas in a firm culture there is no fixed timings so you will learn faster as compared to in house person simply because you will put more hours comparatively but that comes at a cost of your mental and physical well being. Even after having first hand knowledge of general corporate and labour advisory, I could not handle the grilling hours of law firm. Litigation has its own perk, court jaogey to kabhi depress nhi hgey (personal belief) since you will engage with people but there again you need to have that kind of personality. This goes without saying that remuneration initially is not that great in litigation and you will have to wait for 3-4 years for stable income. In house role provides you all types of security and benefits, initially it may not pay you the level of tier-1 but after 2-3 years of experience, you will be able to negotiate a good amount of money. In firms, the pay is surely better, but then the barter is of heath, peace and your life. Sabkuch try krlo, dekho ky suit krta hai tumhe and fir lag jao uske piche.
tut tut you seem to have a wrong notion about the other 2. They were quite anxious they would not secure a Day Z job and hence accepted the same. GPA really gives an edge in DayZ. Plus, people have future plans of LLM , and likewise.
I’d love to discuss this in person actually we could’ve been friends lol
Wait, idt ITC comes every year. So dont get your hopes high! But amazing job in a low cost city like Kolkata. Why would anyone not choose it? Also transferability is good from ITC to other in house roles atleast
Query:

Do you get PPO offers from in-house teams/MNCs or is placement only possible to day zero recruitment.
A 44-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
Wow didnt know this. Seniors really flaunt a lot after their jobs then. Apparently they didnt even prepare for the interview and just went and gave it.
Speak for yourself. It seems you didn't do your work as LR Grade A properly and that you are speaking out of utter jealousy. Stop shaming others.
not like EM became an editor - we all know his Grade A carried his publication when he was a Grade B
Im sure international mooter has not been debarred in 10 subjects. Please get your facts right. Only thier attendance was very low but they scraped through.
On what basis does ITC select though? Especially in the interview. Asking as a junior since the role seems very lucrative and poses a great opportunity for Calcutta residents.
Hi, I recently transitioned from a T1 to ITC. Not sure if the interview is similar, but they are really sweet and check basic knowledge - Contracts/Constitution/CPC. If you're from T1 NLU and have the basics clear, pretty high probability that you'll sail through. Additionally, their interview process is a bit hectic, with 3-4 stages, but definitely worth giving a try. My work life balance is pretty much better now, day ends at 6-7PM, salary + perks much better than T1s. No one is toxic, they respect your personal life, it's more sort of a government office. So anyone who is not that interested in the T1 law firm mark, should definitely give a try.
Wow, congratulations. Great to hear that. I myself switched from a corporate to tier-2 out of curiosity. Found that they are also doing the same work but they spend alot of time so chances of learning is more as compared to corporates. But it comes at a cost of mental and physical well being. Went back to corporate, sukoon aur kaam dono barabar se chahiye. Koi bhi upar niche hoga toh balance kharab.
I am myself looking to switch from a T1 to in house. Anything specific that I should consider before making the switch?
But fixed salary is much more in law firms compared to these companies like ITC that gives CTC
A 6-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
A 49-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
A 36-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.