Read 70 comments as:
Filter By
What a pointless thing to say. Practically all suggestions to first time buyers here and on other watch threads has been to buy a casio or a seiko. Stop watching Watch YouTube and parroting Nico's nonsensical shit.
How to have access to Vacherons in India, this is urgent and I want to get one.
Only if you get something other than a Royal Oak. AP has become a one watch brand.
Bruh, I have a Seiko. And an Omega. Stop being judgmental, both are great in their own way.
A 5-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
I was flying through Dubai recently, and tried out the Bulgari Octo. Man, what a watch. I know what I’m saving up a few upcoming bonuses for.
Get a professional watch, like a Seiko. If you saved up, go for the Omega Speedmaster.
What's a Vintage Hublot? :/ The company's not old enough to have vintaged watches.
So sad to see all the wannabes cribbing over Rolex v Omega and/or RM vs PP. None of you are real collectors as an actual watch lover would always have a Casio and a Seiko. You're just saddos who don't know what to buy with money and think watches are a good tool to show off.
I’m just wondering which T1 EP has time to post comments on Legally India….
Tier 1 (Heritage) - Rolex, Patek, A. Lange & Sohne

Tier 1 (New) - RM, FP Journe, Jacob & Co, Franck Muller and Greubel Forsey
Tier 2 - Audemars, JLC, Carl Bucherer, Blancpain, Vacheron, Bregeut

Tier 3 - IWC, Panerai, Hublot, Omega
I don't wear a watch.

I don't judge people who spend money on watches. If it is something which gives you joy, you should go and get it. Be it a Rolex or a Hublot :P
A0 to start my first job at a litigation firm in a month. It is so refreshing to see fellow lawyers discussing beautiful time-pieces here.

I am planning to get a Tissot PRX Automatic as my first watch. Any suggestions around the same price bracket are welcome!
Ooof. Great buy sir! How did you manage to get one? (assuming it's not been passed down generations)
Jacob and Co. Tourbillion.

Vintage Omega/ Patek or Hublot.

The rest are just blaah!
I am a bit of a contrarian when it comes to RM. It's just a hype watch, with absurd ostentation. Nowhere near deserving of God Tier status (which is reserved for Patek, AP, and Vacheron). Personally, I'm as likely to buy a Hublot as I am to buy an RM.
Girrard Perregaux is underrated man, saving for one for when I hit the Counsel position.
Man, how are you forgetting the Carl F Bucherer. Been to the swiss scene once and found everybody obsessed with Bucherers, Vacherons and IWCs.
Cartier tank is the ultimate watch for a lady, worn by Audrey Hepburn, Princess Diana, Marilyn Monroe, shows taste while being less flashy, lady date just is a bit blingy in the law firm too much attention
I think you'll be better served with Seikos and Doxas then. There's a rich heritage of divers at Doxa in particularly, and those boys can take a beating. I've taken them to dives, does as intended.
This is exactly what you should NOT do. If you truly enjoy watches and consider yourself a watch enthusiast, then you should not care what clients or partners think... And a Tudor is by no means below Rolex.
The Lady Datejust is class. Worth saving up for. Otherwise, it’s a lot of jewellery adjacent watches like Cartier (not to everyone’s taste).
Would also put FP Journe in tier 1. They are only available in the secondary market.
Boss people buy homes in T1 cities and bring up multiple kids on a A0's salary wtf you mean you just expected to pay rent lol
Not a fan of the Junghans design, personally. It's a great watch, but not my taste. I think I'd much prefer a diver.
What... IWC is under 4L, forget 1. Also - the Longines you get under 1L? You're not really getting the heritage.
I am a woman law student who will be starting her career at a T1 soon, I'm also quite intrigued by watches but I'm not sure if women's watches are worth it? Which models are worth saving up for?
A 74-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
Tier 1 - Patek, Rolex, RM

Tier 2 - FP Journe, AP,

Tier 3 - Vacheron, JLC, Blancpain

If budget is below 1 lakh go for Longines or IWC
Friend, you’re free to ignore this thread if it’s not for you. Or are you jealous at your T3/stagnating litigation practice?
Outdated lawyers still buying 19th century watches.

STEM guys having new age smartwatches.
The Ethos Rolex Boutique in Chanakyapuri Delhi is your best bet. Otherwise, I prefer the ADs in Dubai. I found the London scene quite judgmental (the few times I visited). Not sure of the HK/Singapore/NYC scene, no personal experience.
I usw fasttrack always early on time, fast at doing due diligence, im fast at everyting
Make subreddit on Indian lawyers wearing watches and post a link here, All watch enthusiasts can go and live in their bubble there...,, will make this website a happier place.
The Tissot Visodate and the PRX are some very good looking watches? Which one did you get?
Casuals may think this but those in the know love Tudor. I have a Black Bay Bronze that I love as much as my 116710LN and Daytona. Tudor is no stepchild to Rolex by any means.
Waste of money. Youngsters who buy rolexes to show they have arrived havent a clue what generational wealth actually looks like.
Tudors are great watches, but the brand suffers as a stepchild to the main Rolex scene. My suggestion is that you don't get y, save up for the real deal. Most people won't recognise a Tudor (clients, colleagues, partners), whereas a Rolex shows you've arrived.