Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
Excerpt from an email sent by the VC of Jindal to everyone on the university's 14th anniversary:

> "On September 30, 2009, we began with a modest cohort of just over 100 students, 10 faculty members, 20 administrative staff and a solitary school, JGLS. This has now blossomed into a magnificent tapestry of 12 schools, over 11,000 students, and a faculty strength exceeding 1,100 + full time faculty members from over 50 + countries. Along with 1000+ administrative staff members."
>
> I think this leads to some legitimate questions:
>
> 1. Why such an expansion, when Naveen Jindal has supposedly donated hundreds of crores? Did Naveen Jindal give a loan that needs to be repaid through student fees, rather than a donation? So a large intake to repay Naveen Jindal?
>
> 2. If Naveen Jindal gave a genuine donation and not a loan, then is the university looking to make a profit on top of the money donated by Naveen Jindal? If the latter, then the university coffers will be massive. What are such funds being used for? Only to fund faculty salaries and infrastructure? Or is a share of the fees going to certain people?
>
> 3. JGLS has made a name for itself, no doubt, and cracked the QS rankings. Very good. But will expanding so heavily undermine this? Would it be better if JGLS has only 100 students, as that would mean a higher percentage of placements and only the best faculty being retained?
>
> 4. Apart from JGLS, what about the other 11 schools? What is their reputation? Do they make a profit, or does only JGLS make a profit?
>
> 5. Is the campus overcrowded? The campus has expanded to 100 acres. If I add students, admin and faculty, that means 13,100 people/100 acres = 131 people per acre. This seems fine, but if I assume 20% of the university area has buildings, then means 13,1000 people/20 built-up acres =655.5 people per built-up acre. Is this ok? Of course, there may be NLUs with even worse ratios, but students there can usually hang out in spaces outside the campus. As Jindal is in a village, one must stay confined within the campus. Should the ratio ideally be 100 to 200 people per built-up acre?
It has capacity to hold up to 50,000 students and that is prob the ultimate goal.
Naveen Jindal did just give a loan. It is a for profit university , their aim is to make profit and distribute that profit amongst themselves. This level of expansion at Jgls has clearly led to fall in academic standards . You’re telling me all 11000 of these students are getting a proper legal education? You’re telling me that admin can manage 1100 people well ? Nah. Raj gets an increment based on how he increases enrolment. They’re not really concerned with what happens to you after enrolling no . This all will never change . The place was created to make money. Other schools don’t make enough money as of yet. Some of them might be financially in the black - but that’s not enough profit for Jindal.

The campus is overcrowded - yknow why ? Cause you can’t get a classroom to do things when you want to . Cause working at the library is not a quiet thing at all. And eating lunch at any of the messes feels like a blood sport.

But this is what y’all signed up for - and y’all can’t have dilution of academic standards if you don’t have all of this - so have at it.
Other schools are basically feeder schools for JGLS 3 year llb programme.

Clever marketing strategy pulls kids and gives them substandard services at exorbitant prices. At same time, illusion of PR projecting it as best univ. Elaborate ▮▮▮.