Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
When I was in college, my peers and I were very similar. We had same plans, similar grades, and lifestyles, came from similar family backgrounds etc. We were all anxious about what would happen post college, what would we do, where we would go etc. Some did try pretty hard but placements were very scarce and basically getting a job off-campus was basically impossible. After college was over, most of the people I know, from my group or the college in general are still pretty relaxed about their lives. Some are doing litigation at their hometowns gleefully, some are doing masters at basically continuing their college vacation, while most are practically doing nothing apart from hanging out in expensive restaurants, cafes, traveling, chilling with friends and family or lavishing generational wealth. Whereas I am slogging a good part of my day in my cubicle at my firm, doing DD or Agreements mindlessly only to live for the weekend , all the while constantly looking for career growth and job switch allthe time.

At times, I feel that even if some day these fun lovers ever wish to wake up from their luxury and get toi work, they can have it fairly easily, since almost all have family connections or strong backgrounds, while all I can do is burn the midnight oil to hope that someday I make something for myself. Is life too unfair?
How can anyone be happy with a job in legal profession.🀣🀣 The person here won't have any control over his/her week days, working for 12-14 hours. And Sundays will get over just relaxing and re-energising oneself. Bro/Sis, I'll suggest you to take up litigation in your own city (if you are working at another place) and prepare for all governments exam which specifically involve learning basic legal subjects. This profession is getting worse everyday due to bad people at the forefront and the newer generation not inclined to challenge the absence of boundaries between work/life.

We have entered wrong profession. 🀣 But don't worry, every profession will be devoured sooner or later. And it has only started happening. Now it's up to you to be in the rat race of earning more or be content with a job where you have levers and control over its dimensions.

And if you choose to be in the former category due to financial strains, then don't be sorry. You deserve your choice to work your way around.πŸ™
Well I can't practice at my hometown unfortunately, no matter how much I wish.....All I can do at this point if find a firm that has atleast a few postive ticks and stick to it until I attain a respectable position in the profession wherefrom I can dictate life and career choices on my terms .I won't mind leaving law for a career in finance or IB or even buisness coz this shit is getting just too unreal for me now.
Your ponderings have unveiled the classic existential puzzle: why does it feel like you're working your socks off while your pals are sipping lemonade under the shade? Allow me to waltz with your thoughts for a moment.

You, my friend, find yourself in the age-old dilemma. While you're navigating the intricate maze called life/job/career, your buddies have chosen smoother paths (seemingly so). Some decided to practice law right in their hometown, making life easier with no rent to worry about and familial proximity to fight off any nihilistic thoughts. Then there are those who've taken the academic route, enjoying the ivory tower of higher education or maybe as a break before they too must join the ranks of us, the valiant warriors of life, who awaken each day to the clarion call of grind and grime.

And, of course, there's that rare breed, the mythical 1 percenters, who luxuriate in the opulence of family wealth and deep market connections. They were never your peers, to begin with, dear friend, so let us not concern ourselves with their state of mind.

Now, as for the matter of relaxation or anger, let me assure you, there's no definitive litmus test to gauge the mental state of your peers. They, too, might be concealing their existential angst beneath a veneer of tranquility.

In essence, you're doing precisely what you're meant to do, given your skills, or lack thereof. Weekends are your well-earned respite, a fleeting oasis in the parched desert of the workweek, and even they are not guaranteed in our line of work.

There exists no grand purpose to any of our endeavours; we merely chase the elusive currency that greases the wheels of life. Money is but a means to an end, and those ends may or may not yield contentment.

So, keep dancing through the labyrinth of this existence, my friend. Life's steps may be puzzling, but the tune, however odd, is uniquely ours.
TLDR: Keep going

@fur immer - you really enjoying writing long winded sentences right?
Guilty as charged! I suppose I accidentally enrolled in the 'Charles Dickens School of Elongated Prose’, delightfully constructing sentences that journey across the page like a playful breeze through a meadow, twisting and turning amongst the flowers, casually flirting with punctuation, and dancing lightly over hills of adjectives, in a ceaseless waltz of words! Maybe, one day, I'll master the elusive art of brevity...but until then, buckle up and enjoy the scenic route through my thoughts!
You okay the cards you’re given in life. That’s just how it goes. Who told you life is fair ?

If working for a living is the worst thing to happen to you - count yourself lucky.