Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
I have scored 2 interviews through the cold email method till now, so I think I have some idea of how it works.

1. Mention what you want in the subject [application for …] , add details like PQE as well.

2. Body of the email should be crisp, introducing yourself and highlighting prior experience relevant to the partner’s practice area along with the usual stuff.

3. Send/schedule these emails during hours when the partner is most likely to look and respond to it. For example, don’t send it at 11:30AM on a Wednesday.

4. Reach out to as many partners as you can with this method. Many will not respond, some will tell you their teams are at capacity right now, but a couple will give you an interview.
I believe my original comment has laid down the essentials decently, now mould it in the way that feels right for you. Itna effort toh banta hai boss. ;)
If you can demonstrate prior interest in the practice area through relevant internships and publications/moots, it shouldn’t be a problem.

And in case you are okay with it you can also add a line saying that you’re willing to do an assessment internship.

End of the day, luck does play a part since there are a lot of variables, like vacancies, mood of the partner when they open your email, etc.
wtf, I just mailed a partner ANd guess what, she reverted positively. I have an interview next week. It Worked!
A 1-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.