Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
The trends in preferences of recruiters swings like a pendulum (atleast when seen from afar) so calling upon people in firms across tiers, recruiters and associates. What do you seek from an intern joining in? What stands out for you?

Do grades, internships, competitions, publications, committees and network have equivalent importance?
Having done this for a while, let me tell you what I've seen most senior folks care about.

1. Sincerity and dedication towards work.

2. Willingness to learn.

3. 1 and 2 everyday.

While colleges, publications, moots help you get a foot in the door - that's where it stops mattering. Of course that's not to say you don't benefit from it at the job too- but whether you have done it or not doesn't matter from that point on.

Please don't care about these if you are good at your work. Most of the best hires I've heard ppl make come from backgrounds which prompted them to be hungry - whether rich/ poor, whether NLU/ non-NLU, whether mooted/ debated or not.

Cheers
Totally agree! I've come across NLU kids who are the most impressive lawyers and I've found non-NLU kids who are better than their seniors. Don't be working on your CV purely