Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
Hello. So DU has finally joined Clat. All the haters of clat are really upset right now and deservedly so they are being called out. I don’t intend to call out anyone here. But I am glad that finally clat as an examination contains all the prestigious law institutions under one unbrella. DU was the last piece of the puzzle.

This brings the question - will nlu Delhi face competition from du 5 year llb grads now? Will it be overshadowed? Let’s be honest nlu Delhi is an amazing college but its location had a huge advantage to play. Now that DU has its 5 year course under clat (which again brings the clat vs ailet thingy in place) , what will be the fate of NLU Delhi which has a good monopoly over Delhi law firms? I really intend this debate to be genuine.
NLUD won’t be overshadowed, but NUJS, NLUJ. GNLU. NLIU and all other NLUs beyond the big 3 will.
As someone said in another thread centres like tloi acdemy won’t be having the best days after this. But tbh - I think now clat can proudly compete with other entrances as every college is under it!
DU 3 year LLB is under CUETPG. DU 5 year LLB is under CLAT. TLOI was into the 3 year scene, no?
This is why educational institutions must strive to build their brand in a specific discipline/subject area. This applies to law schools as well. Being everything to everyone is a recipe for disaster. For example, when it comes to IP Law no one is better than IITKGP School of Law and NFSU School of Law focuses on corporate/financial forensics (in both cases the respective law school niche areas are in alignment with the overall university mission and strengths) leveraging on the fact that both have the INI status (the only ones in India to have that coveted position).

Stand-alone law schools set up by the states have a big disadvantage - the faculty and students do not have the opportunity to take an interdisciplinary perspective for research and studies. Let's see how DU Law Faculty and NLUD carve out their respective niches - i.e. if at all they actually think in this direction. They have to seriously answer the question - what should I be known for?
A 7-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.