Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
This happened a while ago but now that I’ve been ghosted I would like to share my experience.

Applied to a practice area at a well known Bombay International Tax Counselling firm, and they sent me a questionnaire to check my “competence”.

I thought that was fine till I opened it and realised that the questionnaire has about a 100 questions that need to be mandatorily answered in a yes/no format.

Questions were generally structured as “Do you know the answer to this question from this practice area that has no relation to the practice area you’ve applied for?” And some questions asked for reasons to be supplied with the answers but you can only choose yes or no in the form. I didn’t lie and honestly check “no” on questions I didn’t know the answer to, because frankly you can’t be expected to know everything about every practice area at lower PQEs.

Honestly turned off by the quality of the assessment because it didn’t do anything except making me feel bad about my ignorance for other areas of law that I’ve never worked on like GST and Funds.

I don’t know what role the questionnaire played in my selection/ghosting , but I have seen better questionnaires from much smaller firms. Was expecting more from a firm that is known for its meticulously crafted research papers.
OK thanks professor.

Having gone through this - I can tell you this is to see what you know and don't. This isn't the assessment as such. It's self- assessment of your abilities.

Rather than being cheezed off by everything which may not be relevant in the large scheme of things and writing this post- you could have figured out a couple of those "no" to yes.