Read 43 comments as:
Filter By
I wanted to share something very disturbing here. I am a first year from GNLU in ▮▮▮ ▮▮▮. I've been subjected to harassment and abuse by some ▮▮▮ years living in ▮▮▮ floor. They're all part of ▮▮▮ ▮▮▮ including their ▮▮▮. They subject me to do menial work for them. When I didn't do what they had asked of me, they called me to their room. It was some 7-8 of them all ▮▮▮ who bullied and ragged me. They told me that even after they graduate, they have their "people" who would continue to ostracise me. ▮▮▮ ▮▮▮ said if I don't listen to him, ▮▮▮ ▮▮▮ consider me for any event and his team will ensure I don't have a "decent law school life". I went to talk about this to some third years who I thought could help. However, no one helped except giving empty assurances. One of them said that he supplies intoxicants(ganja) to all in the boys hostel so no one would complain. And that he has good relations with the admin including faculty of ▮▮▮ ▮▮▮ and ▮▮▮ ▮▮▮ who are ▮▮▮ ▮▮▮ of ▮▮▮. All of his friends continue to give me a threatening look in hostel. I avoid going to washroom when I see any of them around. I am also aware that I am not the only victim and that they have done this to multiple 1st and 2nd years... this group forces juniors to consume intoxicants in order to be accepted by them...they all never complain because of his connections with admin and standing as ▮▮▮ ▮▮▮. I feel very threatened on campus. I am scared of calling them out because I know it could retaliate and my life would be ruined.
Get video. Post it online. Go to the police. Let them deal with the FIR.

Choose violence. Ruin lives. Be gay. Do crimes.
Gym jana shuru kar. Majboot hoja. Kisi ki g***d me dam nhi hoga
None of them can do anything to you if you don't let them. They don't have any power to influence your placement or internships or anything else, they just want you to think that they do. If you are too afraid to report this to the university authorities or anti-ragging squad, just drop a mail to the UGC at helpline@antiragging.in or call them at 1800-180-5522. These scums won't know what hit them. More power to you, they don't own this institution.
if someone does that to me, they better sleep with one eye open,
Sorry but this pathetic trend needs to end.

@ other GNLU people reading this, circulate this post around and ensure that it isn't swept under the rug especially in the light of other similar events that have recently happened. Harassment of this kind needs to be exposed and held accountable, it is our responsibility as students to ensure this. This university and its entire community has been such a disappointment. Only way to fix what's wrong is by publicizing everything that's wrong and has been given a pass. As stakeholders we need to ensure that it's a safe place for all.
As someone from gnlu as well, I think it's best if you send a formal complaint. Trust me everyone thinks they are big shots and can get away with anything,but a formal complaint changes everything. The college will do nothing but victim-shame unless you send in a complaint
Can you please reveal yourself on the boys group...promise this guy too would be sent packing
With the way gnlu tops the nlu news feed guess bimpa is better than shanta. The guy was at least hands on rather than shanta who is never around and absolutely has no idea wtf goes on campus. The registrar is ▮▮▮
What's with the dislikes? Unless this is absolutely false, there's no need to dislike
Bro, If you want to talk to me my number is ▮▮▮, and my room no is ▮▮▮ any time you can come I can guide you in filling out the ragging form online which will not come under the jurisdiction to uske pass koi power hi nahi hogi

Rest is up to you (You need to show courage today or tomorrow could be worse)

I will stand with you no matter what

If you have any fear of getting exposed or don't want to come out the best way is to fill out the online ragging form.
This is just one example of the ▮▮▮. The ▮▮▮ is made up of a small group of individuals who are more interested in maintaining their own power and influence than in actually serving the students. They are quick to silence anyone who dares to criticize them, and they are generous with their favours to those who are loyal to them (this also leads to sexual relations between juniors and the seniors in power). This culture of impunity has created a toxic environment in ▮▮▮. Lower-level members ▮▮▮ are often forced to do menial work, while the core committee members enjoy the exemptions that the ▮▮▮ grant to them.

All of this is common knowledge amongst all students in the University but they are afraid to call their batchmates and/or seniors out publically due to the fear of retailiation from these 'influential' folks. It is high time we put a stop to this.
The individuals in question are unlikely to face a boycott since they haven't been ostracized, unlike certain others who have already fallen victim to the cancel culture movement. Recent events seem to have merely provided an opportunity for this cancel culture group to channel their hate.
We have number of issues in hostel but admin is not responding.. from admin no one is ready to give attention to students matters. Registrar and hostel incharge who are always out should resign and permanent senior staff should come.
@kian? You allowed this censorship? How are victims gonna get justice now? Didn't know you would go so low
looks like these bullies are going to find out in a very painful way why bullying is bad
one thing that i really cant tolerate is bullying, they deserve death sentence
The court has taken cognisance of GNLU ragging and the matter is sub judice, so please freeze this thread. We can't have trial by media.
One of my seniors (batch of 2019) was ragged in his first year. He beat the shit out of the bully five years senior to him, tore his t-shirt, and tied the blood-stained t-shirt on the door of his hostel room.

No one messed with him afterwards for the rest of 5 years.

BE LIKE HIM. GET THE F UP.
Easier said than done. Think about a 1st year coming from a rural area (with family having no connections) and fighting against a group of seniors who not only have contacts within the university but have their family members at some top political/admin posts. Had I been there, I don't think it'd have been easy to do so or even inform concerned authorities about it (knowing how they function).
u idiot what happens when the bully comes back with two three guys with metal baseball bats swinging, every single person has to come together and help the guy
A 10-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 155-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 15-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.