Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
Hey everyone

I got one of the lower Nlu after I gave Clat 2023 after a drop,since I joined college I am getting depressed watching things around

Though I couldn't give Clat again Bcz of psychological anxiety. I am preparing for writing mhtcet again, so that I can get glc

Will it be worth it after 2 drop!!!
Drop years almost never matter. Now why I used the word ‘almost’? It’s because if you make it at the end of the day then everything is worth it. But if you don’t - you lose a lot of your energy. That’s why it’s always good to have a backup and focus on that.

Now coming to the technicalities of your question. Retaking MHCET is absolutely fine if you don’t want to sit for clat. The thing that’s worrying me is that GLC has very less seats. Only 35 unreserved for general. So regardless how easy the mhcet paper is or how many people are competing - your chances will still be as low as other excellent aspirants. You will have more psychological anxiety trust me as the exam approaches.

So what are the solutions? Definitely not staying at a tier-3. I mean yes if you don’t crack any of your desired competitive exams - by all means stay in your requisite T-3 and try to do marvellously well there.

But the solutions for you are - try retaking clat before mhcet or any other competitive exam for that matter. Okay? Just for you to get into the one of it. If you are gonna do it- just do it right. Give ailet - don’t have any expectation , just sit for it. Who knows? Maybe that environment helped you crack mhcet later on.

I cracked it this way. I also changed from a tier-3 nlu (not exactly as bad as a tier-3 but well) to ils Pune. I know the odds and favours of it.

AND YES - a glc or ils tag right now nationally or internationally is much more valuable than a tier-3 nlu tag (claiming this after studying at high places)

All the best and good luck for your exam! Maintain your backup well. Don’t be afraid
Don’t worry. It will be fine. I will also suggest you to retake clat. Why u have been facing anxiety? Is is the paper pattern or the latter? If it’s the second one - then definitely sit for clat and then for mhcet. Backups thik se maintain kar aur chale ja. Drop years are always worth it if you make it (maybe don’t neglect the nlu you are in currently as well)

Aur if it’s tier-3 and glc , then anyday even ils is better lol
As I have mentioned correctly - if I’m this question was asked to me 4-5 years ago I would’ve said no. But since I have been in this industry for quite a some time. I would say it’s worth a shot because in the long run these mhcet colleges will give u jobs. And tier-3 will make you more frustrated. So take it. Maybe give other exams as well.
I won’t be surprised. And for that matter no one will. You must be from the nlus belonging to assam , Ranchi or Jabalpur. Because there people keep on remarking clat and I don’t blame them. You know what? Maintain your grades here and give all the law entrances. If you crack any of them - just go! Don’t look back.