Read 110 comments as:
Filter By
Counter-response to 2:

The loan determines your career choice. You can't do litigation or pursue higher studies or do grassroot level work or even most kind of policy work, especially if you would become a primary bread earner in the family after graduation.
I completely agree. I want to pursue litigation but cannot do it because I know the earnings from litigation will not be enough to pay EMI of education loan.
Maza ayega dekhene mein if you’d want / be able to stay in firms for 5-7 years. Jitna easy easy kar rahe ho sab hard ho jayega
NLUD doubled its fee for the academic year 2023-24. So NLUs will increase the fee after the CLAT 2024 results are announced and counseling starts. It is always like that - as of now most NLUs have uploaded the 2023 brochures (shows their laziness), updates will come in later.
My God it was 2 lakhs in 2019!! This is not even inflation adjustment, sudhir is using students to fund his expansion :(
It's not. Fees of IITs is around 8-10 Lakhs for the complete course.
There’s a difference between affordable and cheap. There are loans and scholarships. No one who gets into nls has - in its history- had to leave because they couldn’t afford to study there.
In this history of NLSIU, fees have never been this high. Hence your counter doesn't really prove anything.
Over time is the operative word, not all at once. Check the increase from 1986 to 2019 and then from 2019 to 2023 and you will get your answer.
As was said in another post, Sudhir is copying the Jindal model. NLSIU is the Jindal of the South. It’s not trollish to say so, Mr Moderator! You now have the evidence in front of you!
And don't even think of dropping a year because, in the academic year 2025-26, the fee will top 5 lacs - easily.
This excuse of world class faculty needing to be paid more is a blatant lie. NLSIU is paying everyone public university salary only, regardless of their credentials.
Let's understand one thing. This is a state institution hence the faculty salary is one level lower than national level institutions / INIs.
That isnt true. NLS pays twice as much as nalsar does. Even at assistant professor level.
Mod, this is a false statement. No national law university currently pays more than 7th CPC salary in India.
Anybody who contested this statement kindly mention the individual who is getting a higher salary in your opinion and the ballpark figure, along with his designation and years of academic experience.
Can vouch for this. Was paid 1 lakh a month at nls - got paid between 50 and 65 at another nlu. Significant difference.
You were not a regular assistant professor or higher then. NLUs or central universities pay an entry level salary of almost 80k or higher now, depending on HRA in cities. This is for freshers. People with more experience will be paid more.
Then the institution is violating UGC norms and the AP should report it if it's a public university. The basic entry level pay itself for assistant professors is around 57k now, add to that DA, HRA and TA at the very least and it comes to about 80-85k gross.
Every public university does to full time employees. Please do not keep passing off your fantasy as the law.
you dont add DA HRA AND TA to that amount. 65k was inclusive of all of that. Follows UGC norms perfectly.
Stop dreaming and read the rules, man. Quit displaying your ignorance about the real rules.
Someone can correct me on this : As Chandrachud part of the executive committee/governing committee of NLS, this fee hike would have surely happened with his approval. So much for the CJI's talk of equality and access to legal education.
Student loan crisis is because students there study from shitty unis. If you will study from Amity or Benett then you can't expect that ROI
First of all not all them go for Placements. It's a very small portion and ik this for a fact in top unis including nls. Your argument reeks of mediocrity taught in Hululu law colleges especially Non-NLU so before commenting develop some common sense first
Even if it does, the placement stats of private unis and lower NLU will be affected at the most. Further there's a diff between corp internships and job market. All in all 5 year course will reap good results. Can't comment much on the 3 yr one
How's this contested, when it does not even contain any factual claim? This is bizarre moderation.
Do you have any reason to think firms wont prefer NLS grads if those grads are better educated? Why should they waste time and money going to multiple universities when they can get a bunch of their new hires in the same place?
Because they won't be. They aren't at this stage either. Hence they don't have the best placements even now.
@Mod: I hope that the person who has contested this has shown you this proof about NLSIU having the best placements in the country now. If you have such proof, please share it with all of us. Would be glad to see it. If he hasn't, then how is he contesting the comment?
Nice fallacy. Who told you that NLSIU grads are better educated? Or they would be in future?
Things seem headed that way for sure. Sudhir cracks down on plagiarism and academic misconduct for one. There’s more moderation and less grade inflation. And faculty at nls are head and shoulders better than any other nlu right now. It’s a reasonable thing to expect.
NLS pays faculty significantly better than other NLUS. the salary at NLS is comparable to JGLS. and infra will get built. you cant change everything overnight.

[Fact check: NLS pays 7th CPC salaries, just like all other NLUs]
Abhi NLS walen bhi yahan pe troll karne lag gaye! Pehle toh sirf Noojies aur FakeULD trolls milte the!
You have got to be the most illiterate guy on this site, with your idiotic combination of Hindi and English. But know this, you never had a chance of getting into NLUD by AILET and your life is defined by that failure.
So you keep telling yourself when you are being bit by the Dwarka mosquitoes and still failing to get a job.
Lol, I got a job from NLUD easy and we have ACs across campus so no mosquitoes. Ergo, we’re better than you.
Who? Name the person. As well as their designation and exact salary.
No. Go look at faculty page- its easy enough to know who they are. If i tell you names of my friends youll know my name too idiot.
Please stop displaying your ignorance by speaking about ranges, it does not work that way in reality.
No prior teaching experience. Was offered 1 lakh a month all in. JGLS told me 1.34 per month, but in hand that turned out to be the same thing. JGLS was quoting cost to company and NLS was not. Colleagues who did take the NLS job at the same time did make the same money.
Just because someone's dad worked harder than yours doesn't give you a right to comment on richness of families
Go to Amity or any state law college and study there if you can't afford here. Stop ranting
Last I checked UTs are governed closely by the Centre. If any NLU should be nationalised, it’s NLUD. Not NLS, not NALSAR and certainly not NUJS.
1. There is a difference between central and national. Read more.

2. But that will take away your precious AILET scam money, so you will never do that anyway.

3. UT Infection sounds about right.
AILET was genius and everyone knows it. For a young law school to grow at the pace NLUD has, it needed a better exam than CLAT.
Yeh agye amir ke bogee discriminating someone on the basis of financial conidtions
hell nah, thats 21 lakh + cost of living there would reach 23 lakh, in that money start a business rather, get a degree for 1-2 lakh and start your business,
Tell NLS to release their placement data that they have been hiding for the last 5-6 years. Proof will present itself. Also compare the number of Indian law students at the various foreign institutions. If you don't want to do any of that, then feel free to ignore.
Do you think that other colleges won’t increase their tuition fee following NLS? If you want to do law for cheap go to GLC or CLC and hustle your way to a job/tc/llm
A 63-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
Your very comment makes it apparent that you are not at all a teaching faculty there, but just trolling.